CL: Belle (Jacksonville) Yulee

billybob

• billybob changed the title to CL: Belle (JAX) Yulee

Is lister a member here?

How many non forum memebers know about GotHover's tractrix horns? Just wondering out loud.

Looks like that is a whole new tophat grill assembly probably made by GotHover also. Which means the tweeter maybe able to be turned 90 degrees. New owner can decide which way sounds/measures better. Also just inceased the cost/value.

29 minutes ago, babadono said:

How many non forum members know about GotHover's tractrix horns?

I believe he was popular on Audiokarma as well. 

29 minutes ago, babadono said:

Looks like that is a whole new top hat grill assembly probably made by GotHover also.

I don't think those were mine (I sold mine to a forum member in Cali, then sold to a forum member @Cool Ohm), but I once had some Eliptrac 400s that were molded into the grill frame that I had purchased from JWC.  

• billybob changed the title to CL: Belle (Jacksonville) Yulee

A little curious about the tops condition, bottom rear, but yes. Seller may even have the original horns,woofers laying around. 

The one crossover shown  is marked an AA upon looking closer. And yes, cosmetics need a closer look. If lasts the weekend...

Sorry, didn't see this alert before I posted mine about the same set.  I will give some background since he is a friend of mine.   The cabinets look great, he bought the fabric from crites and installed it.  The fastlane horns were purchased from a member here on the forum, I donated the mid drivers and tweeters to him (I think he gave me a bottle of bourbon, but that's another story).  He is more of a Pioneer fan.. don't hold that against him.  anyway, solid speakers.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, csinsc said:

Sorry, didn't see this alert before I posted mine about the same set.  I will give some background since he is a friend of mine.   The cabinets look great, he bought the fabric from crites and installed it.  The fastlane horns were purchased from a member here on the forum, I donated the mid drivers and tweeters to him (I think he gave me a bottle of bourbon, but that's another story).  He is more of a Pioneer fan.. don't hold that against him.  anyway, solid speakers.

Not a problem. Would you know why the inaccurate information in the craigslist advert, and what is not stock?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Not a problem. Would you know why the inaccurate information in the craigslist advert, and what is not stock?

Thanks!

Hello,

I don't think it is intentional inaccurate information, I will tell you the history of his Belles as I know it.  He picked them up basically gutted.  He cleaned and recovered the bottoms and then we searched for horns.  That led us to a forum member (I forgot his name) that was transitioning from Belles to Khorns and selling his set of Volti horns with drivers and what was described to us as a set of Fastlane horns with no drivers and a set of adjustable xovers.  I picked up the Volti setup and installed in my belles.  I gave him the Mid/tweeter to install on the other horns.  

They sound very good, I don't think anyone would be disappointed with them, unless you wanted a complete stock set of Belles.

If you need any additional information, I will try to get it for you.

Edited by csinsc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, csinsc said:

Hello,

I don't think it is intentional inaccurate information, I will tell you the history of his Belles as I know it.  He picked them up basically gutted.  He cleaned and recovered the bottoms and then we searched for horns.  That led us to a forum member (I forgot his name) that was transitioning from Belles to Khorns and selling his set of Volti horns with drivers and what was described to us as a set of Fastlane horns with no drivers and a set of adjustable xovers.  I picked up the Volti setup and installed in my belles.  I gave him the Mid/tweeter to install on the other horns.  

They sound very good, I don't think anyone would be disappointed with them, unless you wanted a complete stock set of Belles.

Sounds reasonable to me. No accusations intended. Just a bit of confusion.

Thanks for the info...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Sounds reasonable to me. No accusations intended. Just a bit of confusion.

Thanks for the info...

No worries, I didn't take it as a accusation at all.  Can you clarify what is inaccurate?  xovers or Fastlane?  I will pass it to him so he can update his post.

• Like 1

Just now, csinsc said:

No worries, I didn't take it as a accusation at all.  Can you clarify what is inaccurate?  xovers or Fastlane?  I will pass it to him so he can update his post.

Mentioned AB crossovers but see AA. Guess could be modified to AB. And think his pics could have more detail, close-up of any blemishes but, now am just nitpicking.

GLWS

• Like 1

I wanted a pair many, many years ago, but they would never have fit our home. Love them, but even after having purchased our current home (years ago too) they still wouldn't fit. 😞 Always loved these...... now -very- rare.

• Like 1