Very new to this..

racecar115

Ok. Let me try and write something that doesn't show my lack of Grammer and english writing. That's probably  impossible? 

I had a house fire recently.  I am rebuilding my home. For the most part, myself. It was very important  to me to have a really nice entertainment system. For movies, gaming, and mostly music. 

In the past before the fire my well to do neighbor had turned me on to Klipsch. So any time he wanted to up grade, I'd buy his old stuff. So I became a big fan of my neighbor upgrading and also of Klipsch.

So I set a side a good chunk of change for my new audio equipment. What I have is: 2 r120sw, 2 rp f800 ll, 2 rp f600 ll, 2 600m, rp 504c ll, a pair of fives and a Pioneer vsx- lx505 receiver. Yes this nice equipment. I love music. I love loud, clean sounding, hard hitting music. I bought the best my budget allowed and what was available during  the chip shortage.

With the equipment available. What is the best way to get the most out of the speakers? Totally down for buying a good amplifier? Please remember. Maybe?? Should have put more thought into my equipment before purchasing  it? In my defense. My house burned down and I am rebuilding it myself. So my brain power is limited supply. 

Thanks for any input you may have. I would like to be able to enjoy the equipment to its full potential. 

• Like 2

That’s a very high end receiver and will drive your speakers perfectly fine.

It does have pre-amp outputs for all channels, though, so you could get an external amplifier if you wanted.

They only thing I would change is upgrade your subwoofers and/or add Atmos speakers.

• Like 2

The best way to get the most out of your speakers is to create a room with the sonic qualities that make the best audio environment.

Even modest speakers will sound great in a well designed room. Room dimensions, materials, construction, and treatments will all affect the sound more than the speakers will.

Dimensions: Design a room where you don't have speakers blocking windows, or asymmetric room shapes where speaker placement is difficult. If you had Khorns, you would hopefully design a room with corners the speakers work best with. Square rooms suck will be a problem; maybe cathedral ceilings sound better. Gotta read up on that stuff!

Materials: Double sheetrock, sound deadening materials, insulation, rigid flooring; those aren't necessarily desirable attributes but examples of what you should consider.

Construction: Sorta dovetails with Materials but you get the idea. Run cables through walls and provide speaker outlet blocks for a clean installation. Same with electrical

power. No rattling doors or windows!

Treatments: Carpeting, furniture, drapes, sound panels, diffusers and absorbers; they all contribute to a great sounding room.

• Like 5

On 3/2/2023 at 4:19 AM, Peter P. said:

The best way to get the most out of your speakers is to create a room with the sonic qualities that make the best audio environment.

Even modest speakers will sound great in a well designed room. Room dimensions, materials, construction, and treatments will all affect the sound more than the speakers will.

Dimensions: Design a room where you don't have speakers blocking windows, or asymmetric room shapes where speaker placement is difficult. If you had Khorns, you would hopefully design a room with corners the speakers work best with. Square rooms suck will be a problem; maybe cathedral ceilings sound better. Gotta read up on that stuff!

Materials: Double sheetrock, sound deadening materials, insulation, rigid flooring; those aren't necessarily desirable attributes but examples of what you should consider.

Construction: Sorta dovetails with Materials but you get the idea. Run cables through walls and provide speaker outlet blocks for a clean installation. Same with electrical

power. No rattling doors or windows!

Treatments: Carpeting, furniture, drapes, sound panels, diffusers and absorbers; they all contribute to a great sounding room.

This is always best money spent.  Great speakers can sound like poop in a bad environment.  And vice versa. 

Yes dome or cathedral ceilings sound much better. 

Had the pleasure of living in a dome home with thick Ferro cement roof and walls.  The sound was amazing from two relatively mediocre speakers.  You would swear that there were surrounds in there.  How the sound would flow around, over, and get behind you.  And since it was round, it didn't reflect.  What I would do to have my current system in that house...

• Like 1

Have to agree with Got_Horns, my rounded ceiling make a a big difference in everything I hear.

I can stand next to the TV and look back at my setting position and you would swear I had surround speakers some where.

If you noticed I raised my La Scala's 12 inches off the floor and while it only made a slight difference I like it enough to keep them raised. I believe this is because my peak ceiling height is 14 feet

Your speaker location and your room are very important in what you hear, start with your front left and right and get them so you hear the best base and center stage.  Internet is full of how to's. In my room my La Scala's are toed in at different angles because there is no left wall  as it opens into a large dinning room

something that helps in locating your speakers is a simple laser light measuring device about $35.00 at most hardware stores. this really helps in measuring sidewall distances and in accurately point your speakers, using only your eyes and your perception is generally way off from my experience

Hope this helps & Enjoy The Music

IMG_1054.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, think it thru so you only have to do it ONCE when you run that wire in wall or basement.  Let people wonder.  Do it right and save your money.  You'll upgrade at some point.  Just turn the neighbor on the other side of you on to Klipsch and you're good to go.  Slow and smooth w/an occasional shred should get him.  Then yada yada just troll and smile.  He'll bite.  I see you...  😂  Work that Klipsch MOGO on him!  Welcome to the Forum!

• Like 1