FS: Clean Box Pro

Rivernuggets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It did not add noise for me but everyone's setup is different. Was using this with a QSC PLX pro amp that has gain knobs for the left & right channels.

On 7/8/2023 at 7:43 PM, jrgreene1968 said:

been thinking of giving one of these a try

I think $60 shipped is worth the try. 🙂

• Like 1

Hopefully adding my opinion won't hurt. I have 4 of these I've used in various configurations. I think this is the best available of these type of products. I currently use them in between the out put of my Xilica DSP and the input of my tube amps in a two way set up. They do not add or amplify any noise into my 105 db Oris horn Lowther top end. Definitely worth a try for $60. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I have heard nothing but great things about these if there are what I’m thinking they are. I think @dtel got one when he hooked his pro active crossover with balanced I/O to consumer amps (RCA) and there was hum. It killed the noise/hum and all was good. 

Travis

PS: Yep, as I remembered, you can do a search for the term clean box pro and you will find comments on what it can do.

• Like 1

Travis and capo72, thanks for your posts and opinions.

6 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

I think it was more about line level matching between pro balanced and unbalanced.

Yes that was my reason for utilizing the Cleanbox, to up unbalanced RCA preout signals going into pro amps, like the PLX QSC 1104. 

6 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

But it may handle hum also, don’t know.

I also do not know about its ability to remove signal hum.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to purchase if available.  I am a newbie but I used to spend some time here.  My account was wiped out when the forum was updated.  I have had K horns and Heresys for over 30 years.  I like to DIY so most of my recent time has been on Parts Express forum.  I do have a Will Vincent amp to sell (Baldwin).