Belle Restoration

First post long time lurker with a previous set of quartets with crites crossovers. Just inherited these basket case Belles.  They sound great but the cabinets have been beat to hell. I think cats got to the fabric. I just emailed Ralph at Duracrest inquiring about fabric.  I doubt I'll get into re-veneering them but we'll see after some walnut oil.  I'll post pictures as I go. 

KB1.jpeg

kb3.jpg

Edited by typhoonfish27
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, typhoonfish27 said:

First post long time lurker with a previous set of Crites. Just inherited these basket case Belles.  They sound great but the cabinets have been beat to hell. I think cats got to the fabric. I just emailed Ralph at Duracrest inquiring about fabric.  I doubt I'll get into re-veneering them but we'll see after some walnut oil.  I'll post pictures as I go. 

KB1.jpeg

kb3.jpg

Cool... welcome! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, typhoonfish27 said:

First post long time lurker with a previous set of quartets with crites crossovers. Just inherited these basket case Belles.  They sound great but the cabinets have been beat to hell. I think cats got to the fabric. I just emailed Ralph at Duracrest inquiring about fabric.  I doubt I'll get into re-veneering them but we'll see after some walnut oil.  I'll post pictures as I go. 

were these the set , that were on sale for 500$ not too long ago 

1 hour ago, typhoonfish27 said:

I paid $0 

same speakers , congratulations , BTW ,   boiled linseed oil  would get rid of some of the odor 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1337311383493761?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Aeeb9fa0a-8dd7-429a-95c1-e5a6a064956a

5 hours ago, winglet said:

His look like they are way worse off than than those facebook ones I posted…

great , now we have :wub2:   2  pairs of cat smelly  beater Belle   in MA ,   could be  a trendy thing     

5 hours ago, typhoonfish27 said:

I paid $0 and a bad back getting them out of a cat sh1t infested home where the old timer had died in Massachusetts. 

Crap, why can't I come across deals like that?

Congrats, that price is impossible to beat.

Ordered my fabric from Wendell Fabrics in NC.  Should be here Thursday . 

Some of the veneer at the bottom is pretty bad. I have no interest in re-veneering through.  Just cleaning them up, re-fabricing the front and going to enjoy the hell out of them. 

speaker1.jpeg

speaker2.jpeg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

$0 Belles .  $200 fabric.  Lot of sweat equity.  They sound amazing.   Are they perfect no. Does my wife hate them in the living room yes.   Will I love them absolutely. 

So my setup now. 

Proceed HPA3 amplifier

Proceed PAV pre-amp

Klipsch Belles

Marantz 222b 

Pioneer PL 55 (Want to upgrade this)

all for $400 total out of peoples basements.

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

• Like 6