Center channel speaker

badboyspack

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

Ha! Don't settle for an RC-3 between RB-75s...Been there, done that, it's not worth it. Fwiw, we had RB-75s/ RC-7 with RS-3s in the bedroom and it was too intense and my wife said it was too much! Seriously, it contends with major HT Systems. I am fond of the RC-3 between RF-3s, but the tonal match isn't comparable with the larger speakers/compression drivers of the RF-7/RB-75s. Yes it could work satisfactorily but it isn't the same...

Handing off now to this member...stick around long enough to feel enlightenment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Ha! Don't settle for an RC-3 between RB-75s...Been there, done that, it's not worth it. Fwiw, we had RB-75s/ RC-7 with RS-3s in the bedroom and it was too intense and my wife said it was too much! Seriously, it contends with major HT Systems. I am fond of the RC-3 between RF-3s, but the tonal match isn't comparable with the larger speakers/compression drivers of the RF-7/RB-75s. Yes it could work satisfactorily but it isn't the same...

That's exactly what I'm trying to do is match up with the RB75's that will be my mains and/or the RS7's that will be my rear surrounds. I think the RP-450C would be an over kill for my older Onkyo TX SR701 receiver. The RC7 would be ideal, but can't find a decent one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Handing off now to this member...stick around long enough to feel enlightenment.

I respect all advice I get from the members here. I have been around here for years, just couldn't remember my user name and password from before. By all means, stick around this conversation sir.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badboyspack said:

I respect all advice I get from the members here. I have been around here for years, just couldn't remember my user name and password from before. By all means, stick around this conversation sir.

Lol, cool...I'll check in later!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

OK, one that note...what center would you use with the RB75's as mains and the RS7's as rear surrounds?

Somehow I got confused about the RF-62s in another room?

Unless you want RC-7 for the 75s, which would be alright, the 3s should do you. And would match the timbre of your surrounds. As for the 75s, and match, the 62 center would well suffice. Any more would be the RC-64 for a larger space. Questions...

8 hours ago, badboyspack said:

OK, one that note...what center would you use with the RB75's as mains and the RS7's as rear surrounds?

If you can't find the RC-7, the next one would be either the RC-64II or III version. I'm not saying you couldn't get one of the smaller ones to work, but the larger compression drivers in the RB-75s is what makes them special (read cleaner) and the ones I mentioned should fit the bill...{Note: The original RC-64 isn't on that list because it was voice-matched to the warmer RF-83.} YMMV.

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

If you can't find the RC-7, the next one would be either the RC-64II or III version. I'm not saying you couldn't get one of the smaller ones to work, but the larger compression drivers in the RB-75s is what makes them special (read cleaner) and the ones I mentioned should fit the bill...{Note: The original RC-64 isn't on that list because it was voice-matched to the warmer RF-83.} YMMV.

That's an awful big center channel for a bedroom. I was hoping to spend no more than $500 for a center channel. On that note, which center channel would you go with. Also, don't forget, I will be using my older Onkyo TX SR701 receiver to drive it that says it's 100 watts per channel.

9 hours ago, badboyspack said:

Hold out for a RC-7 they were very popular and show up used all of the time just have to be a bit patient. There is a huge gap between the RC-3 & 7 not that the 3 is a "bad" speaker but it will not match well and will under perform next to the 75's. If you do go with the 3 around $150 for a nice one is what I'd expect to pay. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Hold out for a RC-7 they were very popular and show up used all of the time just have to be a bit patient. There is a huge gap between the RC-3 & 7 not that the 3 is a "bad" speaker but it will not match well and will under perform next to the 75's. If you do go with the 3 around $150 for a nice one is what I'd expect to pay. 

This is really the only one around that I can find that is not destroyed.........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265837884956?hash=item3de52c361c:g:9c4AAOSw9SFi~pqG&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwP2TUMzof9RstO%2Bkn8Fu8ShO5YT8BKZcCKswH2WL94beB8vUtYoOuhHjDC8Gw9rTFYzGTCjQATdvUhbui2EDS54MCqLtV7S%2BX85%2BwIQic109s%2FAfCHVk9JYUblqVZEL2RUj%2FDrHrk0Q56diQUtzqCw7nYWsWBzi%2Bt4MxWHNlXVYc%2F1DDB9RflSiwYraxvHvWxnatNYCiwRSsLwKSG8%2BlJAwcFPQ6OZP4GQwEZb0OKZz0r7cl1N1tIMSiIAPCHMZAbQ%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_jRovqPYg

18 minutes ago, TasDom said:

Thank you! You found way more than me and I messaged most of them. I'm looking for the black ash one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, badboyspack said:

That's an awful big center channel for a bedroom

Yup.To go with an awfully nice bedroom system! 😁

I remember the night my wife asked me to get ours out of the bedroom: We had finished the movie and were going to sleep. I read for a little bit and turned off the lights (she was already asleep). I noticed the AVR was still on and as I was fiddling with the buttons on the universal remote inadvertently turned back on the DVD player and it automatically went to the THX demo opening which was extremely LOUD! 😮 My wife (to say the least) was startled and it's been 15 years since we had a Bedroom Home Theater. 🤐

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Yup.To go with an awfully nice bedroom system! 😁

I remember the night my wife asked me to get ours out of the bedroom: We had finished the movie and were going to sleep. I read for a little bit and turned off the lights (she was already asleep). I noticed the AVR was still on and as I was fiddling with the buttons on the universal remote inadvertently turned back on the DVD player and it automatically went to the THX demo opening which was extremely LOUD! 😮 My wife (to say the least) was startled and it's been 15 years since we had a Bedroom Home Theater. 🤐

OH, I'm sure she was just thrilled about that....................LOL

3 hours ago, badboyspack said:

OH, I'm sure she was just thrilled about that....................LOL

If you can land a decent RC-7 close by, by all means. The 3 was just a temporary fix, unless you kept it was my conversation.

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

If you can land a decent RC-7 close by, by all means. The 3 was just a temporary fix, unless you kept it was my conversation.

Everyone either doesn't want to separate a set of they don't want to ship. I may have a a RC3, but they are out of town till Wednesday. Sucks when you want to try and find one and there are really none out there for sale or a local sale.

• Like 1

This place always delivers. badboyspack, good luck on your search for a center, it's cool seeing people helping in your search. Most just want to help get the best speaker for your system, even if it might cost a few more dollars....upgrading after a purchase is never fun....it's always fun spending other people's money 😄

• Haha 1