KLF 30

On 6/18/2023 at 11:06 PM, stormin said:

I couldn't keep woofers in mine

I had a set a few years back.  Several of the woofers had loose dust caps when I received them, so while I had the drivers out to do the repairs, I decided to try something else in the mean time.  I wanted to try the popular Ciare 321 woofers( link at the bottom) everyone was using, but they were out of stock at the time. (Plus these are a somewhat expensive investment at around $750 after taxes, etc.)  So, I decided to take the path less traveled and I tried the aluminum cone Dayton Audio drivers(Around $525 after taxes, etc. Link below) I liked the aluminum cone with the rubber surround.  They aren't quit as efficient as the OEM drivers, so you can do one of three things, enjoy them as they are, run a sub with them or bi-amp the speakers and adjust the levels accordingly.  Dare I say the drivers were as good or better than the stock 12's?!?!

The link to the drivers I used:

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-DSA315-8-12-Designer-Series-Aluminum-Cone-Woofer-295-534?quantity=1

The drivers Mounted:

62951119473__B00C9CE2-DE5F-4DF9-A23C-A2A4F4FD2058.jpg

The link to the Ciare 321 woofers: https://www.usspeaker.com/ciare-hw321-1.htm

• Like 3

8 hours ago, stormin said:

I must of liked to rock a little too hard. I couldn't keep woofers in mine. Only speakers I've ever blown anything in over 45 years of jamming. Now the K48, now that's a woofer!

I had the same experience in just a few short days of owning them blew out two woofers this was years back called Klipsch parts and they told me to pound sand took the woofers to my re-cone guy he said he didn't have that cone material luckily I was able to score a couple used woofers on eBay. My brother ended up with them and enjoyed them for 10 years or so and now I have them back- haven't touched them still not sure what I'll do with them yet maybe just sell them? 

Get spoiled on the Chorus models can beat the piss right out of them for hours at a time with 600+ watts a channel worst I've ever done is pop a tweeter and that was only a couple times now I have the Chorus II bottom end (beefed up with Beyma's) and the k-691's up top these guys will literally run you right out of the room without breaking a sweat. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Get spoiled on the Chorus models can beat the piss right out of them for hours at a time with 600+ watts a channel worst I've ever done is pop a tweeter and that was only a couple times 

Probably entered some distortion into the mix with only 600wpc.😁 I find at 1600wpc you give in long before distortion sets in.🙂 LOL

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 12:56 PM, the real Duke Spinner said:

Never see any posts about them They Rock !!

I do like the KLF-30's my first impression was they landed right in the middle of the forte - Chorus performance wise in a nice slender tower speaker sized cabinet and every time I'd visit my brother I was always impressed when he'd crank up the tunes those 4-12's can sure provide some excellent bass slam. I'm pretty sure my next project is going to be based on the same dual 12 design probably with the Ciare woofers. 

• Like 2

the 12 inch woofer woofer  used  in the klipsch Heritage Jubilee and the 1st gen Jubilee is a drop in replacement woofer for the KLF-30 ,

why would anyone buy aftermarket woofers that  do not match  the klipsch specs + cost more money  .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2023 at 12:28 PM, OO1 said:

the 12 inch woofer woofer  used  in the klipsch Heritage Jubilee and the 1st gen Jubilee is a drop in replacement woofer for the KLF-30 ,

why would anyone buy aftermarket woofers that  do not match  the klipsch specs + cost more money  .

Because I did not know that at the time, and every place I called did not have a suitable replacement.  Only Bob Crites.   I would have preferred to drop in the proper replacement.     My first phone call was to Klipsch.   Maybe I got the B-Team that day.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...