Good news / Bad news

Dale W

BRRRRRR !!!!

The good news today it's suppose to warm up to -25 !!!

The bad news ? It was -42 this morning !!!

Poor old chevy was parked in the garage and the beast just moaned at me when i tried to convince her to wake up and offer me a lift to work. So being the hardy northern lad that i am, out with the herman nelson ( big blow torch) Warmed up her belly for 15 minutes and away we went.

My office window is so frosted up i can't even see outside and i'm walking around like the pillsberry doe boy with my longjohns and insulated pants on. Think i'll go grab a nice warm coffee and snuggle in behind my desk.

Should have stayed home and curled up beside my k-horns for the day. lol

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are also having a cold snap down here in the land of aging New Yorkers. In fact, we have had so many cold days that I had to buy a pair of long pants, but not for work! I recently got a pair of blue jeans for wearing around the house. Plus, we started putting the heat on at night and my wife put a thin fleece blanket on the bed. I even brought a sweater to work.

People are having a hard time adjusting to the cold. Everybody is taking extra vitamin C to combat the cold and flu infestation. The Canadians are wearing full size bikinis, not skimpy little Speedos, when they go swimming in the ocean. The girls are wearing shirts now in South Beach. Heck, it is so chilly at night down here that people starting to wear hats!

2.gif

----------------

The good news today it's suppose to warm up to -25 !!!

The bad news ? It was -42 this morning !!!

----------------

And I thought I was having it bad. -2 with -10 to -20 wind chill on this Friday morning in Cincy.

I am jealous about the Arizona thing though. Went out there to visit a friend just a few weeks ago to come home to this...

Yeah, pretty cold here this morning at the g/f's apartment in Thunder Bay, Ontario. With the windchill factored in, it's a chilly - 40F. Exposed skin will freeze in a matter of seconds. I had to change a front door window in a 79 olds delta 88 on last thursday. Lemme tell you it was no fun. I had to take one out from a donor car in the scrapyard. Of course the door had power everything, so I had to borrow a battery to lower the window, so I could get it off the regulator. And of course, some animal before me had decided to cut the wires going to the switch, so I had to bare the wires and connect them to the battery posts. Brr..15.gif - 35f. Anyways, I put the donor in my nephew's car in the driveway after cleaning up all the broken glass in the door and track. We had a successfull transplant in only 3hrs, including driving to and from the junkyard. But I won't be freezing my hands again like that. If it wasn't for family, I would have told him to go jump a rope somewhere.

If i'm not mistaken edmonton is on or about the 50th parrell

Don't think i spelt that right not sure my head is to frozen.

Well you boys have not heard from me for awhile this morning and for good reason. My computer sits under my desk and against a outside brick wall which was covered in frost this morning along with the back of my pc. When i turned up the heat in my office the frost melted on the back of my pc dripped inside and went boooofff.

So me nice boss man just finished installing me lonely working stiff a brand spanking new computer, Uhh this babys got some speed to her. I'm happy now lol

Could'nt imagine what the wind chill factor must be today but i'll tell you one thing. i'm not going to be sticking my head out the window on my drive home tonight to find out.

my mom is in New York starting today for 3 weeks! Braving the cold... but why would she be doing that?!

Why you ask? to brave the cold? no. to eat some New York pizza? maybe. to see a broadway play? she did get tickets to The Producers with Matthew Broderick.

why is she in New York? She is going to be on Good Morning America, The Today Show and Fox and Friends amoung others.

Now now, I won't say what day she will be on these shows, why she will be on them, or what her name it or what she looks like. This you will have to figure out! Heck, she might not even have my last name! Hmmmm....

Curious yet?

Your only hint... She is staying at the Four Seasons on East 57th Street... but the room is under a different name! Ahh, yet another twist!

Moon: Besides the cold winters ( at least where i live ) canada is a great place to live, there was a time i felt safe and removed from world politics thinking i was living in a somewhat neutral enviroment, Ah how the world has changed my mind latly. If you want the truth your president scares the crap out of me and i fear he wants to be the man with his finger on the button. God help us all

Yeah, it is even friggan cold here in Virginia. Today, it only got to around 20 degrees and tonight, it is supposed to be only 10 degrees with windchills down to below zero. For this area, that is cold! Hell, it looks like it is warmer there in Blackcomb/Whistler, which is where I am going this upcoming weekend! And to think that exactly 6 months ago, it was something like 100 degrees here!

After living here and there around the country and around the world... I have somewhat settled back in the San Francisco Bay Area where I was born. Here at my retreat in the Santa Cruz Mountains I was feeling a little down with the lows around 50 and the highs in the mid-60's... but after reading this thread I'm gonna forget about the sunshine and eighty degrees down in Super Bowl San Diego town. It doesn't freeze around here very often... and the summers are warm but not too hot. I think I just may stay put awhile. =HornEd