Pro Ject Debut Carbon EVO Turntable

mikega

I'm finishing up my initial vintage system with the turntable. I've decided to go new at this point while waiting to run into something vintage that I can take my time and work on. I'm currently looking at the Pro Ject Debut Carbon EVO turntable as a starter with my Chorus 1s and a Marantz 2270. Just reaching out for opinions or experiences with Pro Ject  TTs.

Thanks again. This site is great

Mike

• Like 1

Ease of setup with the features you desire. The Marantz phono section should be good.

Before you get upgraded to more expense, think you will find the turntable with cartridge/ mm needle that should come with new turntable more than adequate.

Later, if you choose, down the money rabbit hole...

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

I have one from when they were delivered with Ortofon Red cartridges- I loathed that cart, but really enjoy the deck with an Ortofon Blue. I expect the Sumiko Rainier cartridge is a a better OEM selection. After trying different mats, I ended up with a clear acrylic platter and I'm quite pleased with the whole package. While I do occasionally miss the Denon DP-37 automatic TT that I had from the late 80's through the early oughts, especially the automatic lift and return part, the SQ of the table and cartridge is excellent.

• Like 2

Pro -Ject TT´s in the entry level´re cheap plastic tt´s , really nothing special , don´t waste your bugs , get a refurbished Thorens TD 166 MK II ( approx $ 700 > $ 800 ) maybe a TD 126 MK III or a refurbished luxman ( built by Micro seiki ) model pd 270 /277 / 289 , all these were high quality tt´s. Even they´re vintage today, you have to spend at least more than $ 1,5K to get a modern tt whose competing with them , for a Cart I´ll recommend a Nagaoka MP 110 ( Moving Permalloy ) for approx. $ 125 . Superb Pick Up for it´s price level, I think it doesn´t make sense for you to use an Moving Coil Cart , as you need a Step Up Transformer for the Marantz 2270...Wow.. what a nice vintage receiver 🙂

Of course a Technics tt is always an option ............

Here´s a link for more info about tt´s and their carts 

14 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Pro -Ject TT´s in the entry level´re cheap plastic tt´s , really nothing special , don´t waste your bugs , get a refurbished Thorens TD 166 MK II ( approx $ 700 > $ 800 ) maybe a TD 126 MK III or a refurbished luxman ( built by Micro seiki ) model pd 270 /277 / 289 , all these were high quality tt´s. Even they´re vintage today, you have to spend at least more than $ 1,5K to get a modern tt whose competing with them , for a Cart I´ll recommend a Nagaoka MP 110 ( Moving Permalloy ) for approx. $ 125 . Superb Pick Up for it´s price level, I think it doesn´t make sense for you to use an Moving Coil Cart , as you need a Step Up Transformer for the Marantz 2270...Wow.. what a nice vintage receiver 🙂

Of course a Technics tt is always an option ............

Here´s a link for more info about tt´s and their carts 

Thank you so much! This is really helpful

• Like 1