College Football 2023

Dave1291

😂😂😂💪 Wellllll, ya pulled that one off @Full Range

Since last weeks IU away game  T.B.I.T.T.L didn't travel but they made up for it w/a Labor Day road trip of their own.  Went up to Put-In-Bay island about 6 miles off shore from Port Clinton to have a lil fun.  It'd been 10 years since they hit the island noted for the battle of Lake Erie me thinks in 1812.  Huge National Monument there you can go up 600' and get a great view of the lake and surrounding islands.  I knew they pulled it off and just found this vid.  This one is from 10 years ago but it came down the same way on the 3rd.   They killed it from the time they arrived til the time they left.  You'll see tons of money sittin around up there but they're all there for the party.

You have No idea how much fun those kids can have and it's non-stop!  Free beer tomorrow!  lol

Enjoy!  :)

Non-stop from the time they landed until about 9PM when they left.  2 hour concert at the Perry's Victory Memorial.  Wild!  Should have been here @JohnJ.  You'd look good in orange.  Said no one ever!  GO BUCKS!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Ya think?

I know I wouldn't. Got a shiner that kids have drawn back from just today up here in Galax, VA! Didn't have any ice for the second day and I'm paying for it.

Looks like I met with a huge fist from an arm with 6 in more reach than mine!

Go Tigers!

• Like 2

Should be an interesting week around here.  Youngstown State coming in for a beat down so we're gonna see the same QB for most of the game Coach Day is gonna cut the other QB loose too.  He still hasn't decided on QB1 this year.  Should be raining footballs.

Games on the B1G Network and I got a 15$ credit from Spectrum over the DisneyESPN price hike.  Was told they may have a deal worked out soon and possibly tomorrow.  Bleh.

What's everyone else up to this weekend?  Let's hear it.  

• Like 1

I tol you so! 

When I started that thread about Dion, seems some didn't like him well I don't know if I would have liked him personally but he was a showman in the NFL before there were too many. And he was obviously raised old school cuz he's putting it into those kids minds. Colorado might end up playing after the holidays!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I tol you so! 

When I started that thread about Dion, seems some didn't like him well I don't know if I would have liked him personally but he was a showman in the NFL before there were too many. And he was obviously raised old school cuz he's putting it into those kids minds. Colorado might end up playing after the holidays!

Dion was a "Shutdown Cornerback". He was so fast he would give the receiver a lot of room to bait the quarterback into throwing then accelerate and intercept the ball. I haven't seen anyone to compare after he retired.

JJK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sanders was crazy good when he played.  He can't help but make them better than they were.  His contract is crazy too.  

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/college-football/deion-sanders-new-contract-colorado-deal-jackson-state-bm06/

About the only thing you can do is sit back and watch it all unfold.  Portal this and portal that everywhere anymore.  Scheduling, conferences changing structure, ticket prices going off the charts, 3 years and they go Pro, it's gonna be an entirely new ball game across the board I think.  The NFL boys are loving it.  Look at their contracts.  They killing the game or what?  Then you look at major colleges picking up reputable former NFL players and coaches.  The "idols" all of the younger kids watched growing up and the influence?  It's gonna be totally wild!

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2023 at 9:41 AM, JohnJ said:

Geeze, knew it was coming... didn't expect that :D 

It will take a while to find out. Even if it's not my team it's going to be fun to find out!

News has reached me that you may be moving to Ohio 

We welcome new residents with open arms 

Don’t forget to visit the Serpent Mound in Peebles 

And on a side note you can visit our mate Dave 🫣

• Haha 2

Here ya go Sports Fans!                                                       

College football top 25 schedule, scores for Week 3

Thursday, Sept. 14

Saturday, Sept. 16

College football top 25 rankings for Week 3 AP poll

RANK SCHOOL POINTS PREVIOUS RECORD
1 Georgia (55) 1,540 1 2-0
2 Michigan (2) 1,458 2 2-0
3 Florida State (3) 1.413 4 2-0
4 Texas (2) 1,338 11 2-0
5 Southern Cal 1,269 6 3-0
6 Ohio State 1,265 5 2-0
7 Penn State 1,204 7 2-0
8 Washington 1,102 8 2-0
9 Notre Dame 1,015 10 3-0
10 Alabama 953 3 1-1
11 Tennessee 929 9 2-0
12 Utah 847 12 2-0
13 Oregon 827 13 2-0
14 LSU 667 14 1-1
15 Kansas State 636 15 2-0
16 Oregon State 605 16 2-0
17 Ole Miss 505 20 2-0
18 Colorado 481 22 2-0
19 Oklahoma 453 18 2-0
20 North Carolina 444 17 2-0
21 Duke 421 21 2-0
22 Miami 230 NR 2-0
23 Washington State 129 NR 2-0
24 UCLA 107 NR 2-0
25 Iowa 106 NR 2-0

Others receiving votes: Clemson 86, Arkansas 33, TCU 19, Kansas 19, Tulane 17, Wisconsin 10, Kentucky 5, Mississippi State. 5, Minnesota 3, Cincinnati 3, Fresno State. 2, Wyoming 1, Oklahoma State. 1, Maryland 1, James Madison 1.

• Thanks 1

Had to stay up to watch the Colorado/Colorado State game last night.  Prime time said he didn't know it was that big of a rivalry.  lol  That was when they were behind at halftime.  Then it went into over-time.  Then the second over-time so Colorado State makes TWO huge mistakes w/penalties that cost them the game.  Crazy watch for sure.

Alabama @ 10???  No mention of Clemson???  What's goin on down there???

Fla State, Texas and USC?  Gettin crazy for sure!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hahaha...  From a friend.  Interesting read!  The plot thickens!     :)

Notre Dame is pulling out all the stops to create a homefield advantage for Saturday night's showdown with Ohio State. Fans at Notre Dame Stadium will be given green LED wristbands to participate in a pre-game light show and the Irish will wear green jerseys in a so-called "Green Out."
Furthermore, Notre Dame officials were so embarrassed by a 2017 home game versus Georgia when Bulldog fans took over the stadium after spending way above face value to buy tickets from Notre Dame fans, so they spent the summer implementing several new re-sale ticket policies in an attempt to limit the number of Buckeye fans in the stadium.
(This matchup has produced the highest resale ticket prices in Notre Dame's football history. As of today, the cheapest end zone seat on Ticketmaster costs $516 plus fees with the best seats reaching a whopping $4000.)
One change was to ensure any returned tickets before the game didn’t go up for public sale for Ohio State fans to buy. Any last-minute returned seats went straight to Notre Dame season ticket holders or other fans connected to the school. Notre Dame also required fans to buy season tickets to get access to tickets for this game. Also, the Irish athletic department spread Ohio State's 5,000 allotted tickets throughout the stadium, rather than grouped together as most stadiums do.
There also are many subplots to this matchup, such as Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith is a former Irish lineman and graduate of Notre Dame while Notre Dame head coach Marcus Freeman is a former Buckeye linebacker and Ohio State grad.
  • Confused 1