5band Mcintosh EQ with Klipsch

Llem

Hello , im starting to experiment with eq and variable loudness control with Klipsch Forte 2. So, just qurious what others have done or do succesfully by using equaliser knobs with their Klipsch. Dont know much about eq setting currves etc and i know that every room and ears are different, however this is how my ma 6200 eq looks like

c5vhk6q2llwyqqoygbtu.webp

In this order after speakers:

Room treatment

Good amplification

Good sources

Good cables

Comfy chair

Top shelf bourbon

Warm wool socks

Other important stuff that I might have forgotten

Equalizer

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Llem said:

Hello , im starting to experiment with eq and variable loudness control with Klipsch Forte 2. So, just qurious what others have done or do succesfully by using equaliser knobs with their Klipsch. Dont know much about eq setting currves etc and i know that every room and ears are different, however this is how my ma 6200 eq looks like

c5vhk6q2llwyqqoygbtu.webp

IMHO it’s best to look at these McIntosh Loudness and “Broadband Design” EQ Tone Controls as (best and most appropriately) used for less than ideal recordings and should be adjusted by ear to taste depending on the recordings. 

I find their use very valuable in widening the amount of recordings that I can enjoy through my system.

miketn

Here you can see from the McIntosh MA6200 manual the operation range and suggestions for their use.

IMG_5132.thumb.jpeg.c9b9b37d9059fd0db19a414724f9f5ee.jpeg

IMG_5131.thumb.jpeg.a26b452522649d36028474983d3626ca.jpeg

• Like 1

I have my McIntosh C50 with 8-Band EQ Tone Control setup within easy reach of my listening position and it’s very instinctive to adjust while listening for the most musical and realistic reproduction when recordings benefit from it and easily bypassed with one button push when listening to excellent recordings.

miketn

IMG_5134.thumb.jpeg.86baa89c54a4b88490c89b8a8d29b4f8.jpeg

• Like 1

I concur with @mikebse2a3 on this.  Many recordings are less than ideal and have flaws like deficient bass or over-emphasized treble for various reasons, for example when recordings were mastered to sound "good" over FM radio back in the heyday of FM. At the recommendation of someone in the Forum I decided to get a Schiit Lokius six-band tone control (https://www.schiit.com/products/lokius) to see how it would work for correcting bad recordings. I have to say it is one of the best audio purchases I've made in a long time. It was able to make many of the recordings with music/performances that I really liked but never listened to because of the recording quality actually enjoyable. I've since purchased two more Lokius units and one of the remote-controlled Loki Max units, one for each of my major systems.

11 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

IMHO it’s best to look at these McIntosh Loudness and “Broadband Design” EQ Tone Controls as (best and most appropriately) used for less than ideal recordings and should be adjusted by ear to taste depending on the recordings. 

I find their use very valuable in widening the amount of recordings that I can enjoy through my system.

miketn

Here you can see from the McIntosh MA6200 manual the operation range and suggestions for their use.

IMG_5132.thumb.jpeg.c9b9b37d9059fd0db19a414724f9f5ee.jpeg

IMG_5131.thumb.jpeg.a26b452522649d36028474983d3626ca.jpeg

thanks for the manual info quite interesting!