may be letting go of my Klipsch Belles

Vince1966

seeing if there is any interest in my 1980 Walnut Belles, one tiny chip in the veneer, JEM performance caps installed, all drivers original. Sequential SN. I built a pair of folded horn subs to extend the lows. great sound for a big room. Asking $3500.  Sorry for the bad images, will take some better ones 

belle1.thumb.jpg.caa7dad55e0692e5cdb3fba995c9cc57.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Vince ,  ,these are the most beautiful Belles  we've seen in a long time  on the Forum , and rarer given they have the  klipsch copper laser badges  which were only made for a very short time  , klipsch used the badges until they ran out of them in 79 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a single Belle being used as a center between Khorns. No under Belle sub as you have and mine is still on carpet runners with a 1/2 inch air gap to floor. For reasons utterly unknown to me the Belle sounds better and with deeper bass than the Khorns - and the Khorns are on wooden slats on top of the hardwood floor and in sealed off corner positions. Enjoy !!  From NOLA with love. I am in the French Quarter are you near Mobile? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frzninvt said:

All your doing with the cabinet below the Belle is turning into a bass reflex speaker which defeats the purpose of horn loading.  Better to just add a competent sub and leave the Belle engineering alone.

FYI - if you look closer, those cabinets are actually tapped horns.  Good bass to 30HZ!

• Like 5

On 12/20/2023 at 5:27 AM, Frzninvt said:

All your doing with the cabinet below the Belle is turning into a bass reflex speaker which defeats the purpose of horn loading.  Better to just add a competent sub and leave the Belle engineering alone.

how can these subs become bass reflex speakers ?  the subs are horn loaded  with their own driver  , the enclosure is sealed