I'm not getting good high frequency response from my Klipsch Heresy IVs...

I've read that the Heresy IVs frequency range is 70Hz to 17kHz, but it sounds to me like it rolls off at about 10k. I'm wondering if this is normal or is it because of my (not so great) amp?

28 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Have you had your hearing checked lately?  Serious question.  😄

It's not great but my semi-day job is an audio engineer and my mixing monitors have much more high-end. ;)

• Like 1

Have you heard other speakers you know on the same chain? Your complaint sounds a bit strange. There are people who want a bit more bass, e.g. if the room is too big for the Heresy, but this is the first time I've heard that it doesn't have enough clear treble. Are the bridges between the bass and high freq. inputs in proper contact?

Of course, your profession means that I absolutely believe what you hear. If you have a transistor amp (don't do this test with a tube amp) remove the contact bridges between low and high freq. and make contact only to the highs and check close to the speaker if both horns, mid and high, are working.

1 hour ago, KT88 said:

Have you heard other speakers you know on the same chain? Your complaint sounds a bit strange. There are people who want a bit more bass, e.g. if the room is too big for the Heresy, but this is the first time I've heard that it doesn't have enough clear treble. Are the bridges between the bass and high freq. inputs in proper contact?

Of course, your profession means that I absolutely believe what you hear. If you have a transistor amp (don't do this test with a tube amp) remove the contact bridges between low and high freq. and make contact only to the highs and check close to the speaker if both horns, mid and high, are working.

Yep those are connected correctly, and speakers are functioning correctly. Maybe my room has something to do with it.

10 hours ago, Cacti said:

I've read that the Heresy IVs frequency range is 70Hz to 17kHz, but it sounds to me like it rolls off at about 10k. I'm wondering if this is normal or is it because of my (not so great) amp?

Klipsch claims 48 to 20k Hz.  Mine are solid down to the 49 Hz G.  Bass below that to E, is still good.  I don't hear over 14k, but mine are not deficient up to there, anyway.  I'm running a Yamaha R-N600ASL and before that a Technics SA-300. 

Wherever you read 70 to 17k was wrong. 

11 hours ago, Bananas and Blow said:

Are you still running a crap amp? no offense. But don't judge the speakers until you attach them to a halfway decent amp. Heresy do not lack treble.

Definitely am. No offense taken. New one on the way, I think that may be part of the problem.

• Like 1