New avs members , " welcome "

Dale W

Hey guy's i'm not sure how many of you have come to roost here now, but welcome to the klipsch forum.

Maybe some of you can enlighten us on your present systems so we can see what kind of common ground we stand on.

P.S just thought we'd start a new thread that other one is getting a bit long to sort through. 2.gif

Thanks guys,

I was going to hit and run but...ummmmm....beer!!

Here's my system:

Speakers:

Rocket by Onix: 750 mains, RSC200 center , and RSS300 surrounds. Here's where you can see them. www.AV123.com .

Subwoofer: Klipsch KSW 12

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V995

DVD player: Panasonic DVD-CP72K

Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR-10

Turn Table: Technics SL-Q300

VCR: Mitsubishi HS-U431

RPTV: Hitachi 50GX49B

Satellite: DishPVR 501 System

Connections: Yes

As a newcomer I won't discuss my next probable upgrade because that might seem low to some. 2.gif

mOOn,

I read your rist saga, and with friends like that...6.gif

Hey, I can see why you have a lot of them. 1.gif

TINHERE: How do you like the KSW-12 , they seem to get a bit of a smearing even on this board . lol

I have the KSW-15 and KSW-300 , seems to work for me in HT but i do find them a little muddy for two channel.

Then again i have both subs in a 18x18 room wth a suspended cieling and have way to much vibration happening to push the subs where they want to be.

Dale,

I bought the KSW 12 before I had done much research, or really gave much thought to audio. I was going from a Sony rack system to set up a 5.1 system, and did trust the Klipsch name based on my Pro Medias which sounded better than the rack system. At the time and for the price I paid I have no complaints. It will get upgraded in the not too distant future as will the Yammie.

I tried to make it through that other thread last night about 2 in the morning -- I gave up.

What the hell happened over there?

Checked out the Rockets last night. They look like very good speakers for the money. They certainly appear to have that in common with Klipsch. The Vifa ring tweeter is pretty sweet -- it would sound better with a nice horn wrapped around it though.9.gif

----------------

On 1/31/2003 11:33:56 AM m00n wrote:

Hey so does this mean that they are a part of the family now if someone from another forum disses them we can go to thier aid?
83.gif

----------------

So we are like a gang now? lol

Don't mess with our home-skillets. (sp?) 9.gif

Sorry. I am in such a happy craze over these new cans... they sound so good. I mean, would I actually post that if I was in a normal mood? I don't think so...

Actually, comments on AVS that led me to audition Klipsch also led me here. I think that's a pretty cool place too. Lots of info that leads to other good stuff - especially HT stuff.

I don't have a HT yet, but It's going to involve RF-7's!!! I fell in love with their sound in my auditioning and last night I took my wife to hear them too. She's the musician of the family and has the golden ears. She also picked them over Vienna's high-end stuff, and way over the lower price-point Bost Acoustics they had set up.

I've got the WAF for Klipsch!!! Yea!

Gordon

HT wannabee

----------------

On 1/31/2003 11:24:34 AM DALE WALKER wrote:

Hey guy's i'm not sure how many of you have come to roost here now, but welcome to the klipsch forum.

Maybe some of you can enlighten us on your present systems so we can see what kind of common ground we stand on.

P.S just thought we'd start a new thread that other one is getting a bit long to sort through.
2.gif

----------------

Thanks for the welcome!

2 channel system:

Preamp: Adcom GFP-565

Amp: Aragon Palladium II monoblocks (AWESOME!)

CD player: Carver SD/A 360

Speakers: Onix Reference 1 monitors (AMAZING)

HT system:

Pre/Pro: Newcastle AVP-9080

Amp: ATI AT2505

Speakers: Onix Rocket RS750 front, RSC200 center, RS550 rears

DVD player: Toshiba SD-2205 (i think; it's an older dual tray model; need to upgrade)

TV: 32" Sony Trinitron (need to upgrade)

----------------

On 2/1/2003 10:42:09 AM DALE WALKER wrote:

Gordon : Good luck building your new HT set up , hope everything matchs up perfectly for you. There certianly is no lack of info on the net to help out, thats for sure.
2.gif

----------------

Thanks for the welcome, Dale! Yes, I've already mined lots of great info! Priceless!

Speaking of priceless great info (or at least a reasonable facsimile1.gif ), where's HornEd? I miss his irrascable self and convoluted prose.

Gordon