Klipsch Cornwall Speaker query, age unknown!?

susan

Hi there knowledgeable community! My husband inherited these speakere when we were in Australia 20 years ago and we've never really understood the value or heritage of them but have been tidying our storage unit and we would love to know more. The back sticker has v few details, just that the type is Cornwall and the serial is O33 (or 033). The identification on the speaker inside is K-33E 67-8322. How do I determine age and potentially veneer? These speakers are super unusual here in New Zealans so I'm turning to the experts from afar! Cheers for any insight. Susan

• Like 1

Thanks Wuzzzer I did check that thread, but like one of the other posters I'm.confused. the sticker on the back of the speaker has the 1980 trademark on it, but the speakers have the following stamped on them inside K-33E 67-8322. Which lead me to think they were from 1972. A slight discrepancy!

34 minutes ago, susan said:

Thanks Wuzzzer I did check that thread, but like one of the other posters I'm.confused. the sticker on the back of the speaker has the 1980 trademark on it, but the speakers have the following stamped on them inside K-33E 67-8322. Which lead me to think they were from 1972. A slight discrepancy!

Post a picture of the serial number tag on the cabinet.

And if you’re going by the K on the woofer thinking that makes them from 1972, all Klipsch drivers start with the letter K.  It just stands for Klipsch.

There should be more of the serial number after the 033, it must have faded with age.  Does the other speaker show more of it on its label?  With the copyright 1980 on the tag they certainly wouldn’t be older than that.