Question about speakercables

I understand that there are separate connections for bi amping.  Biwiring should be done by whoever wants, I have not recognized any advantage in 40 years, only disadvantages, you get a pseudo sense of space and sacrifice timing. The most absurd thing is that today there are extra short cable bridges from HF to LF that can cost 300 USD instead of the metal tongues from the factory. The best connection if you do without biamping would be one pair of cables to the crossover, or both internal pairs of cables to one contact point each for HF and LF.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, KT88 said:

I understand that there are separate connections for bi amping.  Biwiring should be done by whoever wants, I have not recognized any advantage in 40 years, only disadvantages, you get a pseudo sense of space and sacrifice timing. The most absurd thing is that today there are extra short cable bridges from HF to LF that can cost 300 USD instead of the metal tongues from the factory. The best connection if you do without biamping would be one pair of cables to the crossover, or both internal pairs of cables to one contact point each for HF and LF.

So what you are saying, correct me if I'm wrong. If I am not bi-amping, which I am not. Just leave the factory installed metal tongue in place and just use one set of cables from the amp to either the top or bottom set of binding posts and "Bob's your uncle", as my Grandfather used to say. Correct? Oh...thank you very much for your response btw.

On 3/16/2024 at 2:37 PM, Abomb said:

So what you are saying, correct me if I'm wrong. If I am not bi-amping, which I am not. Just leave the factory installed metal tongue in place and just use one set of cables from the amp to either the top or bottom set of binding posts and "Bob's your uncle", as my Grandfather used to say. Correct? Oh...thank you very much for your response btw.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. The metal tongues should be firmly tightened, not with too much force of course, you do it with your hands and without pliers. If the metal tongues are nice and tight, there will be no micro-vibrations and the sound will be stable. You can try it out by ear whether you plug plus and minus into the connections for the tweeter or for the bass. I have found that it sounds "rounder" if you use the bass terminals. But some manufacturers, such as Tannoy, recommend the tweeter terminals. It's up to your ears. The difference is only very subtle.

• Thanks 1

We have always used 12g oxygen free copper cables. I did purchase some pretty ones this last go because we would be seeing them on top of a cabinet below wall mounted tv. (tube amp) And even those weren't super expensive at all and very well built. 12g as well.  Maze Audio out of Colorado. Just another idea of so many...............👌    Mike

thumbnailgwgg.jpg