Hiding an svs sub from the wife

Bruinsrme

Bruins,

If she won't let you keep it you definitlly need to send it back as soon as it arrives "Return to Sender". THe shipping on those things will cost you. I would spill the beans now and seee how it plays out. If you don't want to go that route you could always move your HT into the utility room, fake a couple of pipes into it and call it a hot water heater.LOL

EJ1.gif

Go ahead and set it up, using all available information and your own listening tests to properly adjust and position the sub. When she comes home and asks about the new equipment, act like you can't see it, and don't know what she's talking about. If you feel, at that point, she may be on to you, then do as I do: act like you don't speak English.

If all else fails, create a distraction, like falling off a ladder and breaking your wrist. I've heard this is sure-fire!

fini

Now, I am no audiophile with years of knowledge by any means, but it seems to me that the shelf would have a negative impact on the sub. Unless you use some form of create shelf top to allow the subs waves to travel up the wall.

I could be very wrong on this, just seem to make since to me is all.4.gif

Moon,

I believe what you meant to say was the sub is going to have a negative imapact on anything you put anywhere near it.LOL The sub isn't even going to feel that shelf. Hehe

Bruins,

You better lag that shelf to the wall and glue down any hockey stuff you plan on putting on top of it other wise it will all end up on the floor, and thus your cover will be blown.

EJ1.gif

Ditto. I would not put ANYTHING on that shelf. My 2039 rattles pictures on the wall, collection of whiskey belt buckles on a shelf and even rattles/vibrates the RPTV (this scares me actually)!

BTW, Bruin how do you like the RC-7/RS-7 combo with your RF-3II's?

Regards,

Mike

You guys (not all) always having to worry about the WAF make me glad I never got married. I could buy 4 subwoofers if I wanted, stick them in the middle of the room, invite all my buddies over, mount a projector on them and show stag films on the wall all night if I wanted to. Not that I'm making fun of anyone elses situation...9.gif

----------------

On 2/4/2003 4:43:36 PM rjb294 wrote:

I would recommend buying her something too. I know my wife gets mad when I get something and she doesn't so definitely buy her something she wants and maybe she will not be as mad!

RJB

----------------

Yeah, buy her a matching SVS for the other corner. I'm sure she'd be thrilled.