Open Baffle vs Forte I vs Heresy IV

19 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

I can not imagine any OB competing with Forte

No Bass reinforcement. 🙄

I can tell you the Carver Amazing Silvers I had easily kept up with my Chorus II's as far as raw bass output and hit noticeably lower as well and those are the "smaller" three woofer version, the larger Platinums have four woofers. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 83 LSIs said:

I heard a friend's pair of Spatial Audio Lab OB (can't remember model) speakers and would take them any day over Fortes, yes even the Spatial's bass was better. IIRC they are a 2.5 way with a plate amp on the bottom open baffle woofer.

How about compared to your Cornwalls?

I have a question about this. Let's assume we have a baffle of 2 (high) x1 (wide) meter e.g. We install a 15" driver at the center. In a second baffle of the same size we install an 8" driver in the center. Now, regardless of the fact that the larger driver can move more air (and regardless of influence of a given resonance freq. of the drivers) would the OB with the 8" driver go lower in frequency because its diaphragm is further away from the side ends of the baffle? And therefore the acoustic short circuit occurs later (in the sense of a longer wave length)?

10 hours ago, KT88 said:

I have a question about this. Let's assume we have a baffle of 2 (high) x1 (wide) meter e.g. We install a 15" driver at the center. In a second baffle of the same size we install an 8" driver in the center. Now, regardless of the fact that the larger driver can move more air (and regardless of influence of a given resonance freq. of the drivers) would the OB with the 8" driver go lower in frequency because its diaphragm is further away from the side ends of the baffle? And therefore the acoustic short circuit occurs later (in the sense of a longer wave length)?

The answer is complicated, the short version is no.