A humble apology

Bruinsrme

Well my SVS arrived today and I would like to thank everyone for their advice in trying to hide it. But everyone was right this thing is huge and the only way to hide the thing would have been not to get it in the first place.

The SVS makes my RSW10 sound like its a tweeter. I have never heard or felt so much bass.

I wish I knew about SVS prior to buying the RSW.

Well back to the movie.......

For those in the market for a sub look no further than SVS.

Thats what I got. BTW, still negotiating on speaker will email you the nitty gritty when done. At present I am trying to sell some classic Klipsch Cornwalls and my current Synergy Series HT set up.

The SVS is banging is it not? LOL.

BTW, I hope the wine, popcorn and foot rub was the approach you took. One can not hide an SVS sub. It's like eating just one Lays potato chip!

Regards,

Mike

Gordon

After reading all the SVS chatter on the various forums, I too was affraid my HT would sound like one of those kids cars going "boom boom boom" down the street. The last think I wanted my HT to sound like. But after talking to a lot of members here and Tom V at SVS, I ordered my duals.

I find the SVS's very musical. They have a very solid bass, very authoritative. But not overall "boomy" A very natural extention to the full range sound of my Khorns.

I suppose you could really could make them boomy if you wanted.

JM

Doggonit now I want one. I recently read a review that someone provided a link to that did a comparison of a bunch of Subs including the SVS model with the 100 watt amp, and tested them with Khorns to boot. It looked like the SVS delivered a serious a** whooping to all the other subs presented including the Velodyne HGS-18 and it seemed the RSW-15 did not fair too much better than the KSW-15. The overall output was tremendous across the spectrum and still powerful at 20Hz, now that is a Sub! I think I will part with my KSW-15 and DBX SW-3830 and get one, but which one. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I just don't know which one would work best, decisions, decisions.

Gordon, the sub can be very boomy. The gain control and receivers subwoofer setting will take care of it or control it to your liking.

Just from the few hours I have had to play with the new toy I am very impressed with the SVS.

The SVS blows away the more expensive RSW10.

Tom and the others at SVS were friendly and extremely helpful.

I didn't get a chance to audition the SVS, but I did get to hear the Velodynes against the B&Ws.

Big difference... in comparison, the Velodyne sounded like the car boomin down the street analogy mentioned above.

The B&W (ASW600) sounded almost like there wasn't even a sub there. It blends so well, it's more like an extension rather than an entity of it's own. Very tight and musical. I'm quite happy with the choice.

I have the crossover set pretty low (55/60) as I don't want the Klipcsh to compete.

BTW, it does get up & move when called upon.

Yes SVS subs make RSW10 sound like a near tweeter.And Even the RSW15 is lacking in deep bass compared to an HGS18 or SVS subs.

The RSW's just die below 30Hz

Well happy to see you like the SVS,now you need a midrange. 1.gif

Cant wait to place my big SVS order,I will have a sub's sub. LOL

Thank TV for the B4-Plus,a subwoofer any pipe organ freak can love.