New Klipsch Jubilee owner

Finally have the room downstairs carpet installed and moved the Jubilee speakers down there. It sounds fantastic. Imaging is so beautiful and the room sounds great. I started playing with the SVS sub and the Jubilee's this evening. I am aware the Jubilee speakers go down to 18hz but it was interesting to see how bass-heavy music would respond with the sub. I set the crossover frequency for the SVS at about 20hz and it added just the right amount of low-end. Not sure if I will sell off the SVS in the long run as the cabinets still sound pretty good without it. 

Pics for the team:

IMG_3974.JPG

IMG_3975.JPG

IMG_3976.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MMurg said:

I hired piano movers when I got my Jubilee.  Worth every penny.  And if they screw up, they are insured.

I ended up hiring local movers. It took 3 of them (they were really big dudes) to bring the bass cabinets downstairs. Money well spent!

• Like 5

18 hours ago, rplace said:

Congrats on the new Jubes! 

I'm also using Hypex mono blocks for the low end and First Watt J2 for the top for my active crossover system. Different speakers for sure, but I owned Khons for many, many years. Also several tube amps and preamps have come and gone. I don't see the Hypex/J2 combo going anywhere anytime soon. Just some food for thought on the J2/Hypex combo that seems to work for more than one member here.

Enjoy the road finding your perfect match....er, matches.

Side note, I've not been keep up on the new Jubilee threads. Does the active crossover that comes with them allow for you to play with the crossover points, slopes, delay, etc. or is it a preprogrammed box from the factory. Any idea who makes it? The speakers look fantastic and I'm sure sound out of this world. I'd expect nothing less from the electronics. 

I'd love to try out the gear you have....if any SF Bay Area members want to bring their amps or pre-amps over to test things out, I am game for listening sessions. 

WRT the digital crossover, can't really tell who the manufacturer is from the box itself. No digital configuration but has physical switches on the backside for basic configuration (auto/on, 0/-9db pad, balance/unbalanced).

• Like 2

Can it get any better? Amazing speakers placed in an amazing audio space. Very impressive photos. Would love to spend an evening playing my favorite songs on this setup.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Flevoman said:

Can it get any better? Amazing speakers placed in an amazing audio space. Very impressive photos. Would love to spend an evening playing my favorite songs on this setup.

Like Icarus flying close to the sun, I am looking to swap out the MC-252 on HF duty for a MC-225. I think that is how it might get better.

But is it the best thing I have ever heard so far? It sure is and I am grateful for that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, imeiamme said:

@kippy your setup l

suggested listening is a pattern. you can visualize anything differently when personalizing them. I do hope that you become adventurous and experiment with your layout. 

Thanks for the suggestion - do you have any recommendations to play with given the space?

7 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

@kippy   Love the Bozak with Durrough meters looks really cool… 🙂👍

IMG_6121.thumb.jpeg.e3a1f5289a0758a592c918a91bbc7214.jpeg

Thanks kindly Mike - and thanks for all the audio tips and suggestions on the thread and behind the scenes!

Pretty amazing rig brother.  I can't even imagine what it would sound like in there.  Plenty of room to air things out.  :)  Sit back and play with it all while you enjoy some of your favorites and re-aquaint yourself with some of the older stuff you have.  Chill and slow the mind down cause it's runnin 100mph yet.  Time to relax and think things through cause those wheels up there are still spinning.  It'll all shake out.  Life's about goals they say.  😂

5 hours ago, kippy said:

Thanks for the suggestion - do you have any recommendations to play with given the space?

@kippy I have never seen or heard those speakers before. I would say that if you have a subwoofer. You can do an up close and sit under the speakers. feel the tones. Sync up. Get to condition yourself to the many details and nuances of it vibration. My Ford Focus 2010 had a similar feature where you could feel the tones in your seat. Its not for the faint of heart. But if you have so much happening around you and sound passes through you at low levels. Seen and heard is one thing. Have and felt is another.

you have enough stuff in that corner to launch satellites. You may find Bi amping possible too. Bring the bass higher in .db and warm the room. put the cones just in audible range. play everything you can through them. you could have the quietest system that is like a lion. 

again, different perspectives. right?

Word to the wise....don't wait 20 or 30 years like I did to do room treatments. It turned out to be one of the greatest improvements I ever made/did. I mean after all you have the best speakers..don't stop there. I f you have been talking with @mikebse2a3 by PM, I'm pretty confident he is giving the same advice..and more:emotion-21:

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2024 at 3:32 AM, imeiamme said:

@kippy I have never seen or heard those speakers before. I would say that if you have a subwoofer. You can do an up close and sit under the speakers. feel the tones. Sync up. Get to condition yourself to the many details and nuances of it vibration. My Ford Focus 2010 had a similar feature where you could feel the tones in your seat. Its not for the faint of heart. But if you have so much happening around you and sound passes through you at low levels. Seen and heard is one thing. Have and felt is another.

you have enough stuff in that corner to launch satellites. You may find Bi amping possible too. Bring the bass higher in .db and warm the room. put the cones just in audible range. play everything you can through them. you could have the quietest system that is like a lion. 

again, different perspectives. right?

Thanks kindly; I hear you saying I should do some careful listening. WRT bi-amping, one is required to bi-amp these speakers as they have a DSP. I've been playing with different amps (and preamps too). 

8 hours ago, babadono said:

Word to the wise....don't wait 20 or 30 years like I did to do room treatments. It turned out to be one of the greatest improvements I ever made/did. I mean after all you have the best speakers..don't stop there. I f you have been talking with @mikebse2a3 by PM, I'm pretty confident he is giving the same advice..and more:emotion-21:

I have been made aware by many (including Mike) that the room itself is part of the sound of the system. I appreciate the advice and my plan is to change one thing at a time in the system and observe the impact. There is additional furniture and sound-absorbing things going into the space over the next year that will influence the system sound. I was thinking about adding thick curtains to some of the walls, windows and doors to cut down on sound reflection. Will let you know how it goes. @mikebse2a3 gives great advice!

• Like 1