New Klipsch Jubilee owner

Hello,

I just purchased a pair of the Klipsch Jubilee's and am trying to figure out what amps to drive them. I understand I need to biamp them and was thinking of the following config of equipment already in my posession:

Preamp: Bozak CM-10-2DL DJ mixer (it's discrete, sounds great)

Amps: 2 x Mcintosh MC252s

Sub: SVS Ulra 16 subwoofer 

I have been reading the forum articles and have seen some creative configs. Particularly interesting is the idea of using a pair of Mcintosh MHA100 headphone amps. Are there any clear guidelines or consensus on what amps/power to use with the Jubilee speakers? Given their efficiency, I feel as if I am way overpowering them with the MC252 amps. 

Additionally, would I still need my sub? When I heard the Jubilee speakers they sounded like they could go down to the lower frequences much better than my old Klipschorns. I enjoy movies and dance music so wondering if I really need the sub.

I appreciate all the informative posts that I have read on the forum so far and the knowledge being shared. If there are links to articles and useful posts you can forward my way, it would be appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Kippy, welcome to the forums. Did you buy the new Heritage Jubilees or a pair of the Undergound Jubilees?

It would make a difference. The Heritage Jubilees come with an active crossover. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Hi Kippy, welcome to the forums. Did you buy the new Heritage Jubilees or a pair uf the U dergound Jubilees?

It would make a difference. The Heritage Jubilees come with an active crossover. 

Thanks for the warm welcome. I purchased the new Heritage Jubilees with the active crossover.

Edited by kippy

All Jubilees originally came with an active cross over... also, if you have purchased Heritage Jubilees you have consumer Jubilees... not Professional Jubilees Professional subforum.

Whether or not if you need a subwoofer is up to your personal preference... and if you have Heritage or Professional Jubilees

You made your purchase without learning about their capabilities and amplification requirements?

Enjoy them, and be careful with your listening levels... the speakers can absolutely damage your hearing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Forum and the Heritage Jubilee owners club.  Read through my post here for my experiences after having them in my home for three months, which is the point where I finally got them dialed in where I wanted.

The biggest consideration for amplifies is the noise floor.  If the amps are not very quiet, you will hear the amp noise.  I imagine the Mcintosh amps will be fine.

You will most likely not need a subwoofer.  The Jubilee is designed to have response down to 18 Hz (-1.75 dB) in half-space, meaning on the ground away from any room boundaries.  In all real listening rooms, these will be close enough to the walls or corners for some room gain, making them go even deeper.  I had to do a deep bass cut in my room and even with that the -3 dB point is 16 Hz.  They can put out gargantuan amounts of deep bass.  I suggest you listen and decide if you need more.  I didn't.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Schu said:

All Jubilees originally came with an active cross over... also, if you have purchased Heritage Jubilees you have consumer Jubilees... not Professional Jubilees Professional subforum.

Whether or not if you need a subwoofer is up to your personal preference... and if you have Heritage or Professional Jubilees

You made your purchase without learning about their capabilities and amplification requirements?

Enjoy them, and be careful with your listening levels... the speakers can absolutely damage your hearing.

Thanks for the clarification on the forum post. Happy to move this post to wherever it makes sense although not sure how to do so.

I made the purchase having spent large amounts of time reading about their capabilities and requirements. I've read the manual. I've spoken to other owners. This doesn't mean I know enough to still ask questions from informed forum members. There is a wealth of knowledge here I wish to take advantage of and hopefully, contribute to. 

Thanks kindly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Forum and the Heritage Jubilee owners club.  Read through my post here for my experiences after having them in my home for three months, which is the point where I finally got them dialed in where I wanted.

The biggest consideration for amplifies is the noise floor.  If the amps are not very quiet, you will hear the amp noise.  I imagine the Mcintosh amps will be fine.

You will most likely not need a subwoofer.  The Jubilee is designed to have response down to 18 Hz (-1.75 dB) in half-space, meaning on the ground away from any room boundaries.  In all real listening rooms, these will be close enough to the walls or corners for some room gain, making them go even deeper.  I had to do a deep bass cut in my room and even with that the -3 dB point is 16 Hz.  They can put out gargantuan amounts of deep bass.  I suggest you listen and decide if you need more.  I didn't.

Thanks kindly for the response and suggestion to read the post, diving into that now. My room is about 35 x 45, a fairly large space.

• Like 2

@kippy congratulations on your purchase of the Heritage Jubilee which are amazing…!!!

Your MC252 will most likely be a very good match and well worth giving them a chance before trying anything different.

Getting the loudspeaker/room integration optimized is where the magic happens… 🙂👍

miketn

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

@kippy congratulations on your purchase of the Heritage Jubilee which are amazing…!!!

Your MC252 will most likely be a very good match and well worth giving them a chance before trying anything different.

Getting the loudspeaker/room integration optimized is where the magic happens… 🙂👍

miketn

Ah, you are the fellow with the MHA100 amps! I've read through your posts :)

Once I move the Jubilee's into the room (going to take 6 of us!), I will give the MC252 pair I have a shot and see what it sounds like. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kippy said:

Thanks kindly for the response and suggestion to read the post, diving into that now. My room is about 35 x 45, a fairly large space.

I’m curious… is this a multiple purpose space or dedicated listening room where you will have more freedom to integrate the loudspeakers and use acoustical treatments as needed…?

Would love to see any pictures you care to share of the listening room.

miketn🙂

1 hour ago, kippy said:

Thanks for the clarification on the forum post. Happy to move this post to wherever it makes sense although not sure how to do so.

I made the purchase having spent large amounts of time reading about their capabilities and requirements. I've read the manual. I've spoken to other owners. This doesn't mean I know enough to still ask questions from informed forum members. There is a wealth of knowledge here I wish to take advantage of and hopefully, contribute to. 

Thanks kindly.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your Jubes. Try to overlook ______, his uncalled-for remarks are common. As you can see, there are some great members here who can and will be a lot of help dialing in your Jubes with you.  

By the way, we like pictures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

I’m curious… is this a multiple purpose space or dedicated listening room where you will have more freedom to integrate the loudspeakers and use acoustical treatments as needed…?

Would love to see any pictures you care to share of the listening room.

miketn🙂

I am treating it as a dedicated listening room, but my partner, well, she might have other ideas :)

I will take some pics of the space and post. It's carpeted, 8 ft ceilings, not a lot of glass to reflect the sound off of. Planning to put the speakers on either side of a french door facing the ocean. Distance between the speakers (and listener) will be about 12' or 13' feet, def not going into the corners as the space is quite large.

4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your Jubes. Try to overlook ______, his uncalled-for remarks are common. As you can see, there are some great members here who can and will be a lot of help dialing in your Jubes with you.  

By the way, we like pictures. 

Duly noted and I will def take some pics of the space as it develops and do my best to contribute to the team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I would ditch that SVS in a heartbeat.  There’s no way it’s going to be able to keep up with the output of Jubilees.

Thanks Wuzzzer. Would you replace it with a different sub that could keep up? Or would you advocate with the others so far that depending on personal preference a sub of some kind may or may not be useful since the Jubilee's can get down to 18hz?

5 hours ago, kippy said:

Thanks Wuzzzer. Would you replace it with a different sub that could keep up? Or would you advocate with the others so far that depending on personal preference a sub of some kind may or may not be useful since the Jubilee's can get down to 18hz?

Welcome and Congratulations!

Yep, last thing you should want or need, a subwoofer.

If your space is open, except for wanting to listen at your spot, the whole room, your listening space.

7 hours ago, kippy said:

I would listen to them on their own first.  Klipsch is making at least three different horn loaded subwoofers soon, if you decide that you would like to add a subwoofer or two that would be the way to go.

11 hours ago, kippy said:

I am treating it as a dedicated listening room, but my partner, well, she might have other ideas :)

I will take some pics of the space and post. It's carpeted, 8 ft ceilings, not a lot of glass to reflect the sound off of. Planning to put the speakers on either side of a french door facing the ocean. Distance between the speakers (and listener) will be about 12' or 13' feet, def not going into the corners as the space is quite large.

Sounds like a really nice space kippy with the potential for an amazing listening experience.

The soundstage/imaging can be amazing with the Heritage Jubilee when installed into a good acoustical space and is a highly valued aspect of sound reproduction speaking for myself.

I’m curious what loudspeakers have you been using and is your current system in the same space where the Heritage Jubilee will be installed? 

• Like 1