Unfortunate rumor -

Bulldawg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was talking to local store salesperson when doing some shopping for new speakers and they mentioned that that store had just received a notice this week; the person was personally surprised given the fact that they sell so well. Was wondering if there was any truth to it.

Well, if this is true then who's going to be the B+M outlet for Klipsch in the areas where Tweeter is the only game in town? I can't imagine Klipsch moving from Tweeter to boutique stores exclusively.

They wouldn't move their line to Best Buy, would they? Nah, I can't believe this is true. It doesn't make sense.

I suppose Tweeter could have kicked Klipsch to the curb. THAT would be disappointing.

I'll have to stop at the one here and ask them. I am curious myself since that is the only source for Klipsch in this area, short of having to drive some 50 miles up north to find the next closest dealer.

Despite what TheEARs says, I happen to like Tweeter, at least the one here. Yes, thier prices are not as good as what I have found online and you can't haggle with them worth a damn, but at least, for the store here, I got good service. It seems they are, from the comments about them I have seen online, hit or miss. You seem to get good service at most of the places, but there are those occasional ones...

Yep, I just checked at the Tweeter here and they indeed say there will be no more Klipsch there. However, I heard it was Best Buy that was going to get the Klipsch and it was going to be the Synergy Series only. However, there are still going to be dealers that have the Reference and hopefully Heritage. So much for my plan to go check out the new RB-75s to use as surrounds. Looks like if I want Klipsch - at least Reference or Heritage, it'll have to be through online sales since there are no other decent dealers nearby. Now, I am freaking glad I ultimatly went and got the Reference 7 speakers when I did - at least I am pretty much set speakerwise.

However, there is one good thing - all those Klipsch that Tweeter currently have in stock? CLEARANCE!!!

Tweeter has been selling martin logan for a long time.

this sucks, majorly. we ordered out 7 RF-7's and put like a 60% downpayment on the whole $40,000 excursion of a home theater... wonder how that will play out! the room won't be finished for at LEAST a few more months, if ever...

however... The University of Missiouri, where I hope to go, has a Klipsch dealer (also Martin Logan, BW, Paradigm, KRELL, and the rest of the best, no bose!!!) ON CAMPUS! About 1 mile from where I would dorm at. Two stories of awesome.

----------------

On 2/13/2003 9:19:00 PM justin_tx_16 wrote:

this sucks, majorly. we ordered out 7 RF-7's and put like a 60% downpayment on the whole $40,000 excursion of a home theater... wonder how that will play out! the room won't be finished for at LEAST a few more months, if ever...

----------------

I would imagine that they will either refund the money or still make good on the order.

So it is true. Too bad, but at least it was Klipsch that did the kicking.

This really doesn't matter much to me specifically. I get my Klipsch from Ebay. Older is better. The thing that worries me is what this will do to the Klipsch reputation. In the past I'd mention to someone that I had Klipsch and I'd hear 'wow, I heard those were really good speakers'. I'd hate it if in 5 years Klipsch became 'Best Buy Specials'.

Ahh, maybe I'm overreacting.

Edit:

>>As of Tuesday, Klipsch has discontinued its relationships with Magnolia Hi-Fi and the Tweeter Home Entertainment Group and its subsidiaries. Additionally, Klipsch will begin selling a limited line of its award-winning Synergy Series loudspeakers, excluding installed and outdoor models, at Best Buy stores across the country on Memorial Day weekend this May. <<

The Reference Line will be sold at high-end shops. I wonder which ones in MA will pick up the line?

----------------

On 2/13/2003 10:14:41 PM kenratboy wrote:

Well, if they play their cards right, it should all work out in the end.

Eventhough Klipsch "could" lose some exclusitivity, as long as the products remained great, so what! Thats the whole point of mass production, bringing $5,000 sound on $1,000 budgets.

----------------

I sure hope so. However, there still is that part of me that worries that the brand will end up being "cheapened", kinda like what seemed to happend to JBL. It seemed in the olden days, JBL was regarded highly (look at the going rate for older Hartfield(sp) speakers), but now - at least with current consumer line, they are considered cheap or "junk" (although personally, I actually like the higher end of the Studio series, i.e., the S312s). I just hope that does not happen to Klipsch.

But still, you cannot fault a company trying to find new ways to market thier product and to try to achive better market penetration. It does seem to be working with regards to the ProMedia line. Just how many folks on here started with the ProMedias and thought how awesome they sounded for the computer. When they found themselves in the market for new speakers for stereo or HT uses, they were probably thinking "hey if those ProMedias sounded good, I can only imagine how good their bigger/higher-end speakers must sound!". Next thing you know, they are now proud owners of some Synergy or even Reference speakers, or perhaps even Heritage. That is basically what happened to me, although I was familier with Klipsch even before the ProMedias and I did listen to other makes/models of speakers only to come back to the Klipsch. It only seems natural to put something like the Synergy line in the same place where the ProMedias can be had, but still maintain some exclusivity with the higher end lines such as the Reference and Heritage.

It sucks that the only dealer of Reference here will no longer have any, but still I have to applaud Klipsch for attempting a somewhat bold move like this. There is another, smaller audio shop in the area, but I think they are only a car audio shop, but I could be wrong. I know they don't have Klipsch though. I'll have to go check them out to see what they actually have. Maybe I could convince them that there is a market for Klipsch and to try to become a dealer.