now heres a real sucker!

prodj101

ok, lets see, you spelled INDEPENDENCE wrong, and you forgot a comma inbetween typo and which. no matter how many times I pund this into your head, you just don't get it! this is not an english class! it's just an interent forum! if you care so much about it, write a damn java applet that automatically corrects spelling. I could care less about what your kids think of me. they wouldn't stand a chance in ANY event at ANY time. your attempts at insult make me laugh.

And I do understand what you are trying to say. I need to understand the importance of good punctuation and grammer, because some day I'm going to need it. I fully understand this, and the fact you think it is a new concept to me shows you really don't understand me at all.

The reason you don't use "gadgets" to do your math and spelling is probably because, like many older people, you're computer illiterate. saying that is like saying "look at me, I'm brilliant because I walk a mile to work every day and it takes me a full hour, because I never learned how to drive a car and get there in 10 minutes." by the way, we don't even have cable so it's kinda hard for me to watch MTV eh? and if you just figured out laziness is no excuse for stupidity, you must have been dropped on your head a good three or four times. anyone who knows anything realizes that you won't get anywhere in life by sitting around on your *** watching blue's clues on tv.

keep it up, so far all you've done is cough up old facts and repeat common knowledge.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When someone engages in constructive criticism (although at times I have walked the line between constructive and just criticism or insults), if you see qualities of you in there, look for improvement. Those qualities which are not applicable, ignore. Just be honest in assessing which is which.

Also recognize I said "generally." I know teenagers who don't watch MTV, who take pride in their writing regardless of the medium, and who refuse to be a part of the pack. They are individuals who think (critically, logically) for themselves and aren't willing to conform to useless and troubling social norms. They are also frequently smarter than the adults around them; there are others who only think they are smart.

PS. Limpbizkit is ok but Linkin Park is much, much better. 9.gif

If I hear a song on the radio that I completely detest, I change the station so I don't have to listen to it.

I do the same thing in this forum, If there is a thread I don't like, I don't waste my time reading it and posting to it all weekend long.

I used an Electrolux for a year or two when I was a janitor.

They worked pretty well.

Btw, QUIT making those comments about people from wisconsin.

I'm a cheesehead myself.3.gif

As a matter of fact I'm also only 21 and have only been on this BB for a few months, But who cares??

Oh well that's just my $0.02, time to go mess with the radio.

Peace, Josh

Brilliant piece of writing and reasoning there:

inbetween - new word?

pund - pretty basic, difficult to spell?

english - should be capitalized, no?

interent - wouldn't that be Internet?

they wouldn't stand a chance in ANY event at ANY time. - they certainly wipe the floor with your spelling and grammar and oh, logic. The ten year - gifted program, promoted beyond her natural grade level, repeatedly published in the newspaper, and winner of several state awards. Want to bet money who gets in a better University?

grammer - difficult to understand it if you can't even spell it.

The reason you don't use "gadgets" to do your math and spelling is probably because, like many older people, you're computer illiterate. - brilliant analysis. I work for the largest computer corporation in the world and tell businesses how to employ technology.

Youngsters. All posturing and no substance.

yeah sure, we'll see who does better in life. I have already played with proffesional musicians, have been offered positions in the most honorable band in my school, and I am also about a grade ahead as well (a year younger than students in my grade, I'm supposed to be in 8th). and so what, I don't find it necassary to go back and change typo's on an audio forum, where it really doesn't matter as long as the point gets across. I really find it amusing, that with all of the time you've been arguing with me, the only crack you can seem to come up with is making corrections in grammar and spelling, not to mention childish.

Prodj, please fix your signature.

Instead

of

this

Make it

this

and

SMALLER

beause that is the nice thing to do :)

"My boyfriend did not cheated on me" -Victoria Ament. Tried to teach her proper grammar one day... fell to peices! She too spelt grammar as grammer.

Also, please don't criticize teenagers and such as "youngsters" and start stereotyping us. I have worked hard to break out of the stereotypical teenager into something much, much.. well something else! 1.gif LoL!

Hahaha. Twenty years from now, I won't be anywhere near a nursing home - but I suspect you will be sweeping floors in one; all the while complaining because the "old" people are criticizing your ability to emit a well thought-out sentence. Good thing you have the music background to fall back on.

BTW, I have referenced your critical thinking, thought-process, self-worth, and several other areas in these posts. You ONLY see me mentioning your spelling and grammar deficiencies? Wow.

It has been fun prodj. I like throwing a few barbs every now and then and watching the mind of a genius at work. On a serious note, I applaud your doing well in school and the achievements you have amassed. Hope you recognize the importance of thought and semi-coherent communication in other areas of your life. I would be duly impressed if you had managed to win a spelling-bee.

My daughter is suitably impressed as well and says she would even let you wash her car one day - when you weren't busy sweeping up the nursing home or playing an instrument on the sidewalk for tips. 11.gif

Good luck, young man.

I'd be happy to wash your daughters ford pinto, but it's gonna take a good chunk of money to get me anywhere near it. and if you would have taken the time to read my posts, you would find that I have acknowledged your attempts at telling me how these sort of things factor in in life. but anyway, I can see your idiot daughter realized she just wasn't smart enough for a game of chess?

I want to be clear on this. I do not lump every teen or early twenties person into the same category. Each individual must stand on their own merits. Generalizations are just that, generalizations - unless I am referring to prodj. 9.gif

Justin, you are exactly the kind of teen I suggest others emulate. I have never met someone your age who performed as much research as you do on so many different topics, goes out of his way to help others whenever possible, and does not insist on using profantity in his posts for the sake of profanity or fill them with unneeded insults towards elders.

You and many others on here represent the youth quite well.

PS. My 'idiot' daughter said a game of chess with someone who can't spell out the names of the pieces without a spellchecker wouldn't be worth the effort. She did say go win a spelling bee and she would be glad to challenge you to a game of thought.

I did read your responses and I do acknowledge your acknowledgement. Now please act on it and stop being silly.

crash... you arent a musician right?

we do things a little differently, and the true ones have absolutly no fear of challenging authority and "elders;" its the nature of art.

until you get to know prodj well in real life, please refrain from these stupid judgements.

i'm also terribly worried for your daughter, for if she is actually saying those things, you've raised her very poorly. children should be taught to educate those less intelligent than themselves instead of insulting them.

NOOOOO WAIIIII I CANT SAY THAT!!

haha silly me, your older than me thus you must be right!!!

ah sometimes i forget.

i can tell you now that telling people such as myself, or prodj that we will wind up playing on the streets will ensure our sucess.

my my what a wonderful father you must be... mine never took time out of his day to attempt to crush teenagers' dreams.

i sure wish mine had!

crash...

let's face it...we're dealing with a very immature individual who is trying to impress everyone by attacking anyone who disagrees with him...

prodj,

good luck on the music....i am a former music educator, part-time professional musician, and now full-time in sales at an electronics distributor in minneapolis....and yes, i feel that i know much more than a ninth grader.....any ninth grader!!

jasnoob,

thank you for your "mature" response..."SHUT UP...."

i guess that yelling at me to shut up happens when you can't think of anything intelligent to say.

bye all

i've wasted too much time on this thread already....

russ

----------------

On 2/17/2003 5:26:00 PM minn_male42 wrote:

crash...

let's face it...we're dealing with a very immature individual who is trying to impress everyone by attacking anyone who disagrees with him...

prodj,

good luck on the music....i am a former music educator, part-time professional musician, and now full-time in sales at an electronics distributor in minneapolis....and yes, i feel that i know much more than a ninth grader.....any ninth grader!!

jasnoob,

thank you for your "mature" response..."SHUT UP...."

i guess that yelling at me to shut up happens when you can't think of anything intelligent to say.

bye all

i've wasted too much time on this thread already....

russ

----------------

In case you did'nt notice, no one asked you to post in this thread to begin with.

Electronics Distributor??

When I was in Florida buying a surround receiver for my dad this mid aged Circuit city sales man was very helpful in our decision making.

The criteria was DTS and DD and under $300.

It was a tough call, between Panasonic or Sony, but he guided us through the decision making.

That evening I stopped by Hooters to meet some friends and there he was hitting on this "woman".

I tried not to listen but I couldn't resist. He was telling her how he was an electronics distributor.

Just thought I would share a little part of my life.

Scott

Interesting perspective of some here and just full of assumptions they have no basis to make. Actually I am a guitarist but not as my job but rather a vocation. My daughter is quite happy and at the head of her class. My parenting must be pretty good but...since you are concerned about it maybe you should practice what you preach. Since us old people know less than you, maybe you should try to educate us instead of insult us. Amazing you have such great parenting skills as well; does your superior knowledge know any bounds. Perhaps you can enlighten me on other topics you have no direct experience with.

Let me see if I have this right. You use being a musician as an excuse for having poor reasoning skills, poor judgement, poor spelling and grammar skills? Yet are capable of telling me what good parenting skills are. Perhaps you should stick with what you know and not make stupid judgments. Read for comprehension as well since no where does anyone claim elders have the market cornered on knowledge.

Perhaps your father simply allowed you to believe whatever it is you wish to believe because it wasn't worth the effort of correcting your myopic understanding. Perhaps he thought it best to let you make whatever mistakes you did or will do because attempting to correct your jaded viewpoint of reality and/or reasoning was a pointless exercise in futility. I certainly can understand.

lol, jasnoobs post went straight over your head crash. all you got out of it was a parenting lesson......... but anyway, jasnoob, you are right about the musicians thing. it is impossible to be a good musician, but still be "normal" and "in line." especially with the different types of music we see emerging now adays. to "fit in" and perform the types of music many people now adays would be a self contradiction. I'm not saying this justifies walking up to your parents when they tell you to clean your room and saying "f off" but you have to understand, musicians, and even the current generation think a little different than you did in your day. so, try to keep in mind the fact that you're way of thinking may not be the only one now adays, so don't be such a damn hard ***.

" musicians, and even the current generation think a little different than you did in your day. so"

I am a musician, and of the "current generation". The only thing I can say is please don't speak for either of those groups as a whole in the future.

If you look at movies, books, music, each generation thinks the older generation of that time is too conservative (I'm not speaking about politics, just conservativeness in general). However, when that generation grows up, they realize that what they preceived as conservativeness, is really just a better understanding of the world via experience.

A key thing to remember when talking to someone older than you is, THEY have been your age, and you have not yet been theirs, so it's possible they have some deeper insight into things:)

-mkl

----------------

Perhaps your father simply allowed you to believe whatever it is you wish to believe because it wasn't worth the effort of correcting your myopic understanding. Perhaps he thought it best to let you make whatever mistakes you did or will do because attempting to correct your jaded viewpoint of reality and/or reasoning was a pointless exercise in futility. I certainly can understand.

----------------

i do well in my school, play football, i'm in the concert band, AND play my guitar. i'll be taking the CISCO networking course next year, so by the end of high school i will be CCNA certified...

you seem to be under the impression i'm some kind of total slacker druggie...

but its not my fault if i have great musical potential... and if my parents tried to supress it, it would come out anyway.

and being a musician isnt an excuse for poor reasoning, it just means we have a tendency to reason differently.

lol and prodj, definetly dont wanna say f-u to your parents for requesting you to clean your room. generally i'm more talking about with your peers.

the ability to refuse drugs, bad music, women which would not do you good... helping people when they need assistance, sticking up for "not cool" people.. etc.

i do agree that people before us have been our age, but long ago enough that times and the way of life has changed, and for memory-loss to set in. when i look back on being a young young kid, all i can remember are the happy things that were in my life... i dont have very vivid memories of crying after a nightmare, or hurting mysef falling off something, etc.

i imagine a similar thing would happen to these people.

LOL..

"but long ago enough that times and the way of life has changed, and for memory-loss to set in. when i look back on being a young young kid, all i can remember are the happy things that were in my life... i dont have very vivid memories of crying after a nightmare, or hurting mysef falling off something, etc.

i imagine a similar thing would happen to these people"

1. My post above was supposed to reflect the fact that each generation feels that the older people are out of touch, and yet when that generation grows up to be old, they realize the wisdom of the people they thought were foolish or out of touch. Since you didn't get that out of my post, here it is again. Woah! I can see you reaching for your keyboard to yell at me for insulting you, I'm not doing that, maybe my post above just wasn't clear enough,so im re-iterating.

2. There is a vast difference between being a young kid and the memories you have then. It's just illogical to say the people you are talking to on this forum can't remember vivid memories from their lives. Yes, most people do not remember things that happened to them very very early in life, however this seems to be a trait innate to the human condition. Trying to say because of this that a middle age person can't remember things from the time they were 20, or 30 seems ridiculous. Memories formed after the age of mental maturity seem to be retained for life, unless the person is stricken by a illness. (I had a 103 year old great grandmother that could recall with great clarity things that happened before the year 1900:) )

I don't think anyone here is suggesting you are a total slacker. The problem is, the only thing we as a community have to judge you by are your posts here. So the only way we can determine if your posts have merit (which is important when deciding if we want to trust your audio advice) is by studying your posts to see if what you say is intelligent and can be trusted. I too, hate it when a conversation sinks to the level of "picking on" grammatical errors (although it can be quite amusing when the other person is so upset by it) but it is important to remember that it is one of the ways people are determining if your posts are relevent. It is especially important if you enter the computer field. Most of exchange of information in that business is conducted via e-mail to clients. If your email reflects poor intellect , it goes a long way with the clients.

Also keep in mind, when a poster argues and throws a hissy fit when something is posted negative about them, and doesn't respond calmly and clearly, it just makes other people see them as immature, regardless of age.

-mkl