Loyality To Klipsch

Doc Holiday

I am very loyal to Klipsch - especially regarding Heritage products. If selling other lines of lower priced speakers allows Klipsch to remain successful (and thereby allowing Klipsch to keep building Heritage and other great speakers), that's perfectly OK with me.

I have attempted for 15 years to find speakers more desirable to me than Heritage (at least those under $2000, new or used), with no luck. I gave up looking for other speakers, came to this forum, and found a minty pair of Cornwalls within a week - best audio purchase I have ever made. I would do this a second time if I had it to do over again.

I only envision vintage JBL or Altec stuff as an "upgrade". Otherwise, Klipsch serves me very well as my speakers of choice.

Performance - longevity - good looks. Think I'm loyal to Klipsch? As Shaft would say, "Damn right". Heritage Forever9.gif

My brand loyalitygoes only as far as what I think is best for me and fits my needs. If brand X was sitting next to Klipsch and Brand x sounded better the determing factors would be financial impact vs performance gain/loss.

In 5 or 10 years the speaker industry will look different. Some start up might come along and pull the rug out from the bigger players in the industry. You never know bose might one day make a killer product and we all swallow our pride. doubtful but possible.6.gif

"My brand loyality goes only as far as what I think is best for me and fits my needs. If brand X was sitting next to Klipsch and Brand x sounded better the determing factors would be financial impact vs performance gain/loss."

I feel the same way - but Klipsch (especially Heritage - and to an large degree, the RF) still pass that test. If I could find better speakers for less (to my ears, anyway), believe me, I would own them. As I said before, I have yet to find those......

...and when you look at USED Heritage, it's an a$$ whoopin'. Used Klipsch Heritage even beats Ditka - pound for pound, dollar for dollar9.gif

jt1stcav,

NO,I do NOT use the BEAK cones as Totem calls them.I dont belive in the gains from the BEAK cones,its like the Bedini disk clarifier and the magic stones you place on amps,miracle cones you place under the CD player(transport).I call them the PLACEBO cones

BTW I have the Totem ROKK and TABU,not the floorstanding.The Shaman is quite a marvel,I would compare this speaker to the very best ou there.

Oh I use the Totems with my PC! LOL Celeste W4070 drives the TABU and the I4050 the ROKK.Smooth vibes,dual Carver Knight Shadow fill the low end.Sounds quite spectacular,took me two days to fine tune it all,most never heard a PC system sounding so good.60% of all my music listening is done on this system.

----------------

On 2/24/2003 7:51:16 PM TheEAR wrote:

jt1stcav,

"NO,I do NOT use the BEAK cones as Totem calls them. I dont belive in the gains from the BEAK cones,its like the Bedini disk clarifier and the magic stones you place on amps,miracle cones you place under the CD player(transport).I call them the PLACEBO cones..."

----------------

Auh, c'mon now...I like my "Placebo" cones underneath my CD player (it looks so damn cool and manley, if ya know what I mean!2.gif)

Cool setup you have! Hey, TheEAR likes what he hears, and Totem makes great loudspeakers. Enjoy! 1.gif

My loyalty to any speaker company goes about as far as I can throw them3.gif

JK,

If that were the case I'd be a die-hard bose fanatic14.gif

Actually my loyalty goes about as far as I can hear them.

If I still hear a great sound coming out of these speakers(whatever they may be) I'll like them.

Weather or not they are priced well comes into play as well as customer service.

As I see it, liking the speaker and liking the company are two different things.

Just for the record I really like JBL's older stuff.

I've had good experiences with their customer support too.

I sent JBL an email with some questions about my speakers because I couldn't find any info on their website.

A day or two later somebody responded to my email by calling me up and telling me all they knew about my speakers.

I thought that was pretty cool.

My klipsch are all second(or third or fourth) hand yet they work great so I've never had to call klipsch.

Also I have been able to get all the info I need right here on the forum1.gif

Peace, Josh