Does anyone use Netflix as their DVD rental source?

kguy

I was considering using Netflix since most of my local rental stores can't seem to stock enough copies of new releases (I try to stay current weekly). Has anyone used Netflix and if so, what is your opinion of their overall service?

We use it. Have for over a year now. It's nice to be able to have the movie deliverd right to your mailbox. No late charges. You create a queue of movies that you want and the next one is sent when you send a movie back. It can be a lot cheaper than renting from your local store if you watch enough movies. As a matter of fact my wife cancled all of our movie channels from Direct TV and we use netflix exclusivly for movie watching. We have the three at a time plan.

I've been renting from NetFlix for several years and love it. The web site is great for user and expert reviews of movies. I have a queue and 4 movies in my house at most times. I like to watch movies once so I find Netflix better than buying. I also find a try a lot more movies I wouldn't normally rent.

Bigger selection,too.

Highly recommend!

Yep, I have it too. I've had it for about a year now and I have to say that their service is excellent! Much better than going to a local video store. They ship the movies out pretty quickly as it usually only takes 3 days for me to recieve them.

I used Netflix a lot before they went to a membership service. I don't rent a lot of movies in the summer, so paying a monthly fee for something I don't use seemed a waste. I never had a complaint when I did use them.

I love netflix! Been renting from them for 2 years. Being able to keep them for as long as you want is great!...no late fees. Just keep your pipeline full of the movies you want. then everytime you send one back they send you the next in line. You get to choose which ones you want and the order in which you want them. I get mine in 1 or 2 days, most likely because I live in the bay area where they are. But I would think that most people would get them in at least 3 if out of state. Anyway I would go for it. Great service too. 2.gif

It seems to take them about 3 weeks or so for brand new DVDs to become available. Here's a nice money saving tip: cancel your subscription online and they'll coax you into staying with them at a reduced price for 6 mos. then the price goes back to the $19.95. I'm paying $14.95 for the another 4 mos.2.gif

Yep; have been using for nearly 3 years now. Turnaround and title availability has improved noteably in the past 12 months or so due to multiple distribution points. Would highly recommend for frequent/semi-frequent movie renters -- significantly more convenient, greater selection, and more cost effective versus Blockbuster option - not to mention no late fees or standing in line. There are several plans; however, the $15 2 title plan is sufficient for our household ~ 7 titles/mo average.

I've been using Netflix since late '99. They're a good example of an Internet-based company that actually works well! We typically watch 10-12 movies a month (the basic "3 DVDs at a time" plam), so I guess that adds up to a couple hundred titles over that time. My only problems have been two scratched and unwatchable DVDs (they were replaced as soon as I reported the problem), and one title that was lost in the mail (again, not a problem once I reported it).

New titles typically release on Tuesday (same as for most vendors). I've had good luck getting new releases if I can return a DVD so they receive it on Tuesday. If a movie is in high demand, there may be several weeks' delay if you can't get it on the first day. Netflix opened a Denver distribution center last year (along with about 15 others around the US, according to an intereview with their CEO on CNN a few days ago), so the typical 1-2 day turnaround for mail has help my "throughput" quite a bit.

Another nice thing is the extensive collection of titles - most every DVD that's been produced. A huge selection compared to most video stores. Also, you can search on actors, producers, directors, etc., to find movies you may be interested in. You can also rate movies as you watch them, and their software will recommend other titles you may like based on your ratings.

All in all - I'd highly recommend Netflix!