It's the help m00n with his new Belles thread.

m00n

Hi Moon,

Again, Congrats on a great score! I have black grilles on my 1977 oiled walnut Belles. You are welcome to check out how that looks if you pay a visit to my place in Eugene (you are always welcome). I have actually been thinking of going to Cane cloth (no longer available from Klipsch--Dang!) instead of the black cloth to go for a "lighter" appearance.

If you decide to go with tube gear in the future (in addition to hanging out with the Triode Society) you could start keeping an eye on the local hi-fi stores that specialize in used gear. An excellent shop in Portland is Echo Audio and they frequently have used high-quality tube gear for sale. Maybe you could arrange an audition period...

Drop me an Email if you want to visit or if you want my phone number: pieboy@att.net

Best regards,

Triceratops

aka John Derven

Eugene, OR

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Case you didn't see these Belles moon

You can finish them any way you'd like. I got mine in a Darker Oak with Black Grills and am turning them into light Oak with a Cane Colored Cloth. Still working on the other on - Propbably will be done in a couple weeks. By the way my shipping was around $400 from North Carolina to Minnesota!

download.asp?mode=download&fileID=26488&

Hey guys... Again thanks so much for all the support and kind words... I sure hope your all correct about how good these are going to sound becaue it sounds like I am going to have one hefty bill to pay in shipping charges. From the sounds of it, I am willing to be it will cost at least $500.00 if not more. 8.gif

Portland Oregon area......

I know I know I know 4.gif I feel the pain of shipping already. I tried to call her just now to talk to her again a little more about the shipping arangements she was talking about, but she was out for the evening I guess.

I tell you, if it's some rediculous price.... Well, would anyone here be interested in them? I mean I want them, but if it's going to cost me some $700.00 in just shipping, I have to ask myself is it really worth it? I mean I know I am obligated and all that, but if I could find someone closer to her that would be interested and set her up with the other interested, then, hey no harm no foul... I mean I would hate to do that in the worst way...15.gif

OK mOOn, breeeeeathe deeeep, and relaaaaaax1.gif Give them until the end of the day on Monday to give you some shipping options. For the record, I don't think it would cost that much if these are shipped by truck - my shipping bill on the JBL cabinets was about $250 from Calif to the midwest - and those were over 250 lbs (JBL paid that bill). I would expect this to run $300 to $500, which means the total expense would be $2100 max. THESE ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY. You scored a great deal on the price of the speakers, so don't sweat the 500 on the shipping. You would be hard pressed to find a better set of Belles - and if you did, you may well pay the $2100 (if not more) anyway, condition and vintage being equal. If there were ever a pair worth shipping, these would be that pair, IMO.

Wuaaaahhhh hoooooooo Wuaaaaaahhhhh hoooooooo Wuaaaahhhh hoooooooo Wuaaaaaahhhhh hoooooooo

Thats me taking a few deep breaths2.gif

So, other than condition, is there something special about these particular belles? Everyone keeps saying what a great set they are. Is there something different about the 76 belles?

Oh and anyone have any idea how much insurance would cost on these?

Yeah, 76 Belles are chock full of Alnico drivers.

Charlotte to Portland.

O.K.

You can use Forward Air. These are the folks I used to get my Cornwalls from San Jose, California to Dayton, Ohio. The grand total was $156.

Now, here is the catch. The speakers have to be delivered to a Forward Air Trucking Terminal, where they will be weighed. They only take cash or money order -- up front. When the speakers are delivered, you just go pick them up. Completely hassle free.

There is a Forward Air Trucking Terminal in Portland at 8922 N.E. ALDERWOOD ROAD BLDG. F PORTLAND , OR 97220 (phone 503-528-1033).

There is a Forward Air Trucking Terminal in Chalotte at 3301 INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT RD CHARLOTTE , NC 28208 (phone 704-357-0771).

Does the seller have the original shipping cartons?

Alnicos, with the AA crossovers (IIRC). The AA's seem to be the preferred stock crossover on the forum. I've got Cornwall II's (ferrite) and Cornwall '76 (alnico) - I definitely prefer the alnico (especially for 2 channel). They have a smoother sound overall. These with the right amp will sing like a bird9.gif

The sixties and seventies klipsch is the stuff you really want, if you can get it (and especially in that condition).

Dean! Your the man! I don't know if she has the original creates or not. She is the original owner and they are 76, that is what 27 years ago? It would be hard to keep boxes that long I would have to think, but what do I know. That would be too cool if she did.

I will call these people before she calls me on Monday and see what they have to say...

The number you need to call for arrangements and what not can be found at the their web site - www.forwardair.com Turns out I was wrong -- looks like they take credit cards as well.

Keep in mind -- where you drop off and pick up are only trucking terminals. They are probably not run by Forward Air, but are simply places where their trucks load and unload.

Yep, that's exactly what you do. Pull up, tell them who you are, and they forklift it right into your truck.

You need to find out if she has the boxes.

I'll be taking very precise measurements of my vault thingy when I get home tonight. I'll be measuring without the padding in place -- so, the Belles will HAVE to be in boxes.

I'm going to try to figure out a way to make this work.

There is only one forum member I know of who lives in N.C. --