KG-4s are keepers

AndyKubicki

aniflag.gifaniflag.gif

Well, the KG-4s I got for the bedroom are actually quite good sounding speakers! The tweeters sure seemed cheap when I took them out...at least compared to the K-400 horn! They are no Khorns, but for the size of them and for the small space of the bedroom, they are great sounding little speakers. It's also different for me as they are NOT 21' apart like my Khorns are! I have seen many posts here about the importance of distance from the walls and I now see the reason is the passive radiator mounted on the back. When I first got them I thought the passives were the fronts. Nice design! Way to go Klipsch!

Right now I have them powered by a Sony TA-AX380 integrated SS amp given to me by someone. I was using the Sony as my computer amp, and plan to move that back to computer duties and run it with the Audire/Adcom combo or I might even pick up a vintage Marantz or HK receiver....I should try the Scott on them little puppies!

So, the KG-4's I picked up are the 4 ohm version, sine the woofers on mine are white? I noticed that they did not seem more efficient than the Infinity Studio Monitors that they replaced, since driving both the Klipsch and the Infinity to the same volume levels seemed to occur at the same positions on the volume knob of m receiver.

Was the 4 Ohm version inferior to the earlier 6 ohm version?

Both of my pairs have white woofers, except the 2 I had to have replaced (I think my first pair were abused) which are black and a different model. Woofers sound identical though. I'm pretty sure they are both 6 ohm speakers from what I remember. I'll check when I get home.