Get the lead out !!

T2K

Having been a Class 1 gun dealer for 13 of my 37 years on this planet I can say that 18 years ago a 25lb. bag of lead chilled shot (from #9 to #4) went for $14.95.

We sold it like crazy but had to hear the customers gripe about the price all the time. They forget there was the cost of shipping the damn stuff14.gif.

Lead filled stands are heavy as all hell,I use sand in my stands.The only stands I have filled with lead are my main Atlantis Reference quad post.Each is well over 200lbs,never moves unless major changes are done in the house.

Sand filled stands are movable and eliminate nasty ringing of the stands quite well

Thanks for the reply's.

Ear, the stands are some inexpensive 24" stands I bought from Parts Express for my portable 2-channel system. The stands have three tubes about 1" in diameter. The top and bottom plates screw on with ~ 1/4" screws and are spiked. I'll have to pour the lead shot thru the spot welded nuts in the tubes. Sand may not be heavy enough considering the internal space inside the three tubes, so I thought I would try lead.

I stopped by the local gun shop yesterday and talked with the owner about guns, Harley's, eating seafood in China, and chichen gizzards in Iowa. I've got to go back next week for the lead.

Keith