Scott 299B Score!

Gregorius

Greetings Gentlemen,

I just returned from the local Goodwill on my weekly visit and looked at a small walnut cabinet, end table size. As I was checking it out I noticed it had pull out drawers, and inside was a Scott 299B Amp and a Sherwood s2200 tuner, all in excellent condition with Telefunken 7189 tubes, 12AX7's, etc.

I couldn't test it with speakers because they did not have any there. We plugged it in and it powered up and nothing got hot and all of the tubes lit up. When I get ity home tonight I'll hook it up and see what it will do.

Oh, by the way, the total cost for the Scott, Sherwood, and walnut cabinet was a whopping $40.99 YeeHah.

Greg

God likes you more than he likes me. He always makes me pay full price. I guess that's what I get for not tithing.

Luck is not a factor, and you better give glory to God before He decides to melt one of your transformers.9.gif

----------------

On 4/2/2003 1:03:02 PM DeanG wrote:

God likes you more than he likes me. He always makes me pay full price. I guess that's what I get for not tithing.

Luck is not a factor, and you better give glory to God before He decides to melt one of your transformers.
9.gif

----------------

Snicker....

Oh yes, thank the Lord Almighty for Scott tube amps tucked away in cabinets. And thank our Heavenly Father that no one else that knew any better didn't spot it first!12.gif

Do you believe in miracles?

Wow you lucky SOB, what a find, it even has the telefuktens in it, just the tubes are worth over 2 hundred bucks if they are all good.The tube layout is as follows the tubes up front closes to the faceplate are the 12ax7 preamp tubes, the 2 little ones in the center are the phase inverter tubes they are 6bl8, if they were repaced could be 6u8a. The next 4 tubes are the output tubes they are the 7189(EL84}TUBES.The big tube in the back is the rectifier tube a 5a54 tube.You really should send this to Craig to go over, it should have been bought up to power slowly with a varic since its most likly been sitting for a while, without doing so could damage the tubes I am told.This would make one hell of an amp, are you going to keep it if not sell it on this forum, Moon this would be a great amp for your belles. Once again great find, this could be the find of the year, lets see if anyone can top this.