ATTN WEBMASTER AND ALL

Mallette

I've been unable to access the forum for over 48 hours in two stints, and the reason is something in the private email system. There is NO question about this as I've been able to confirm it myself as well as from other forum members who've had the same experience.

When I hit the "submit" button, the page 404's, and the server refuses a connection for just over 24 hours to follow. I did this TWICE before I figured out what was going on between experimenting and emailing other forum members.

I recommend using this feature either with caution or not at all.

Dave

yeah I know what you mean. There are times I can't connect either. I will be at work, connect fine, come home, can't connect and vice versa.

I have even had people grab me on MSN Messenger and ask if I can connect, I could and they could not. I asked them same of them before where I could not connect and they could.

Guest Webmaster

Weird. I know there was a Network problem for a couple of days about a week (or maybe it was two weeks) ago, but those were at most only 5 or 10 minutes long. The next time this happens to anyone, could you go to klipsch.com and store.klipsch.com (especially this site because it's on the same server as the forum) and let me know if either of those sites were up? I'd like to narrow it down to see if it's a problem with the Internet connection, the server or just the forum website. I would appreciate it.

it is 99.99999% just the forum that is down (i live here so I kinda notice the outages hehe) Last week, all of Klipsch.com (the store and forum included) was offline for a while, not long though.

also, PWK's School of Engineering at NMSU has a link to http://www.klipsch.com/tour.html or something like that... which does not exist. Just FYI 1.gif

Don't get over here much, as I mentioned.

Kain: Private Email is accessed under your "My Profile" area. Since folks don't get a notification that they have some unless they go there, it isn't used much.

Webmaster, justin, et al: Let me say this only once! It is definitely a problem with the private email function. The degree of coincedence required for this to be server issues is way too high, plus I've had confirmation from several other trusted forum members that this happened to them under the same circumstances, though they thought it was a server issue at the time.

I've had not a minutes outage since I got back after my second foray into the private email domain, and don't expect to. I really can't say any more about details, as I think I've covered them to my satisfaction and the issue is solved for me by simply staying away from that briar patch.

Frankly, I can't breath without the forum, so I simply intend to stay away from there. Twice burned, thrice shy!

Dave

Dave

The last time I was unable to connect to the forum was yesterday morning (4/6) from ~7am-10am eastern daylight savings time (I didn't try earlier than 7am). The rest of the site was up with the exception of the link to "shop". Like m00n, when I cannot access the forum I can usually get to the Klipsch.com site but some graphics don't load.

I have sent many private messages and emails that have not caused me any trouble ((knock on Heritage wood).

Guest Webmaster

If some of the graphics aren't loading on the klipsch.com site, then the page you are probably seeing is the page that's stuck in your browser's memory cache I'm guessing instead of the actual page. I've noticed my browser doing that when some sites go down.

FYI,

I just had the problem Mallett has described. I was engaged in some private messages/emails through the BB. After a closing my browser and then coming back a few minutes later I found I was still logged in. I responded to another PM and left the BB and closed my browser again.

I then tried to connect to the web site once more and I could get to the home page but all the graphics did not load. I could not connect to the forum..."page cannot be displayed" error. IE 6.0xxx I tried to connect from one of the other computers on my home network to no avail. I then rebooted my DSL connection (which gives me a new IP address) and I was immediately able to get to the forums again.

Guest Webmaster

Hmmm...that kind of sounds like one of the firewalls is blocking your IP's for some odd reason. There is nothing that the PM tool does that would cause the server to think it's under attack, but it sounds sort of like that. If that happens to you again, email or post what IP address you were using when it happened so I can see if it is on the "block" list or not.

Overall, I'm starting to think this problem is a result of Microsoft patches because it started about the same time my boss put security patches on the server and over the years I've noticed that something always seems to break whenever new patches are applied. That company needs to spend more time making their product work right the first time instead of throwing out buggy code and patching it later! I love ASP and ASP.NET though, so I guess I'm stuck with them. Oh well.