The Chuck E Cheese connection

Tom Adams

pig523----Yeah, one of my daughters actually developed a taste for that wretched Papa Johns crap. She goes to school at U of I in Urbana and knowing I foot all the bills she eats cheap pizza out of consideration for me. Good girl, Classic Civilization major, I finally know someone who can pronounce Alcibiades and Agisileus. She gets by on alot less money than her older sister did down there. :-) But when she comes home she wants the good stuff. :-)

----------------

On 4/16/2003 8:07:09 AM TBrennan wrote:

I finally know someone who can pronounce Alcibiades and Agisileus.

----------------

That's almost as tough as "Klipsch!"

fini

Damn...I hate going to Chuck E. Cheese's...Now I gotta go just to check out the sound system...OTH..Dave & Buster's here has an all Klipsch set-up (looks like industrial Heresies) and they have better food & beer,and no annoying animatronics.

I love Chicago and the pizza there is far superior to what we have here in South Florida...but then again, we have girls in bikinis in January 11.gif

Dave

Scipio---Ever try the Home Run Inn on 31st, a couple blocks west of Crawford? That's my Dad's favorite, we used to go there 40 years ago when it was a hole the wall. Giovannis's in Berwyn, on 12th St by Oak Park Ave., has a great thin crust, SOTA. Armands in Elmwood Park is great, Hell, you know you'll get good Italian in Elmwood Park.

Where's this Art's ?

For REAL Italian pizza...try Vesuvio Bar Trattoria in Vicenza, Italy...just go out the main gate of Caserme Ederle, cross the street, hang a left and a block later you are there...just order up "una pizza con prosciutto, formaggio, fungi, et uovo"....and watch em cook it up in the wood-fired bread oven while enjoying some of the wine...then right before it is ready, they pull it out and drop the "uovo" right in the dead center of it, then slide it back into that oven for a minute or so...so that it comes out "sunny side-up" when it is done...add a bit of pickled artichoke heart, and a sprinkling of some olive oil...and you are all set for a REAL treat! Chicago pizza??? HAHAHAHAHA!

Last week I attended my nephews christening and could not keep my eyes off the KlipschPro speakers suspended from the church ceiling ! The appeared to have the cornwall speakers but the cabinets were wedge shaped for side by side placement. They would make me want to go to church!12.gif

----------------

On 4/15/2003 4:20:00 PM fini wrote:

I will never order a pizza at Chuck E. Cheeze again! Last time, I bit into a slice, and pulled out a gym sock.

fini

----------------

Thank goodness it wasn't a jock strap!9.gif

As a kid, my granddad used to take the family to the Apple Valley Shopping Centre on Rt. 55 in Poughkeepsie, NY to a family-run joint called Mamma's Pizzeria...they served the thickest, fattest, cheesiest pizzas I ever had! What a treat!

When I was stationed at Lowry Air Force Base in Denver back in '81, I used to go to the Organ Grinder pizza parlor on W. Alameda...I don't know if they had any Klipsch loudspeakers, but they did have a massive WurlitZer theatre pipe organ that was played almost daily to the patrons at the restaurant (seating capacity was 1000, and both this particular organ/parlor was the world's largest in their chains; the original in m00n's stomping grounds in Portland).

I bow to the all-knowing pizza connoiseur, Tom Brennan, and his vast experience with gin-you-wine Eye-tally-an pizza from the city of Chicago, Italia. LOL! I guess the next thing ya know, he will be tellin us "hillbillies" how much better Chicago-style "biscuits'n'gravy" are, too!2.gif

Show Biz Pizza spec'd the Heresy.

Chuck E Cheese was a spin-off of Show Biz Pizza.

The newer Chuck E Cheese didn't sound as good.

They were found to contain the dreaded 'Nose' product.

Henceforth these deviant Chuck E Cheese became known as: Up-Chuck-Cheese (I kid you not).

No self respecting parent would be caught dead playing 'Whack-a-Mole' in an Up-Chuck-Cheese.

Let's face it, no one goes there for the food.

LOL....pulled out a gym sock. LOL

I guess I'll never live that down eh fini??9.gif

BTW fini - be looking for more hidden gym socks in my new HT.

And for the record - I don't got to Chuck E Cheese for the food. Anyone of yoos guize that has or had a 3 year old knows why I go there. That's right - to see if I can beat some little punk 6 year old at whatever.9.gif9.gif

As for pizza - well, I hate to break this to ya, but Chicago ain't the only place to get great pizza. I'd put Mike's pizza up against anything you got there Mr. Brennan. 1.gif

And for any of you that lived in the New Orleans area 15 years or so ago...do you remember the Ground Patti? Those places used to have killer sound systems composed of at least 4 Heresy's and McIntosh electronics.

Tom

ground patti sound systems...some of them still have klipsches in them!!

there were a couple w/reel-to-reel decks and sansui amps w/vU meters for monitoring power output-man that was overkill for the amp-the vU meters would barely move! a friend of mine wound up w/one of those amps-very heavy and solid. w/klipsches you could still hear the music while crunching the roasted peanuts.

avman.3.gif