ATTN Webmaster... A few questions from Kain.

m00n

Webmaster,

I just got an email from Kain. He asked that I post this here in the forum as he tried to contact you but has yet to receive a reply.

He would like to know why he was banned. He said that when you closed the General forum for those two or three days, you had also kicked him off the forum. He would like to know why he was kicked considering he had never received a warning from you...

Does he get a second chance?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am relentless, I can be your best friend or your worst enemy.

But in this case I was actually trying to pass some information on. If Kain really wants to know what got him banned, all he has to do is review his last posts. (The ones he cant review were the ones that more than likely got him in trouble) The webmaster warned EVERYBODY against posting war related topics and MORE IMPORTANTLY name calling/personal attacks. Kain continued to initiate controversial threads.

If your refering to his thread regarding the movie that was released in U.A.E. before America, that is hardly a controversial thread, and other members were the ones who made it into a controversial thread to begin with.

I say let him back in.

Why should some Americans feel insulted for being called cowards and be angry for a non-American practically coming out and applauding the 911 attacks.

I particularly like the line Saddam can do whatever he wants to the people that live in his country. (not quoted)

He is a good neighbor would not you want him living next to you?

Scott

Guest Webmaster

Before this thread gets out of hand, here is why I banned him...

It ultimately came down to his thread about X-Men 2 opening in the UAE before here. I believe it wasn't his intention to start trouble and that the forum members who responded took his post the wrong way. This time, at least, their complaints were civil for the most part and without insult but Kain's response to them was not. He thought it was funny and said they could be "really stupid sometimes", which I thought crossed the line. I asked him to edit that line out and suggested that a proper response to this kind of situation would be something like "sorry you feel that way, but that's not how I meant it" or something along those lines. It's not a real apology or anything, just a more mature clarification of the issue. His response to that was the final straw for me. He still thought it was funny, said he shouldn't have to apologize and that he was going to post that thread on a bunch of other forums to show how stupid this was. That's when I had enough, so I deleted the thread, banned him and shut this section of the forum down for one day.

As far as a warning goes, I think my request to him was enough, but besides that, I consider the statement I made in a different post listing the reasons why members might be banned (insulting other members, posting inappropriate images, etc.) the final warning for everyone that posts regularly in this section of the forums.

There are many other forums out there that will people for much less. I don't want this forum to get anywhere near that, but at the same time, I tired of all of the crap going on here and I'm not going to let as much slide as I have in the pass. It has gotten to the point where I dread even coming here, expecting to find another huge argument going on. I really don't like that it has come to this.

Webmaster,

If you dread coming to work because of the BB, WOW......

I dreaded going out to sea on a sub surrounded by 24 multiple warhead nuclear missiles, a full load out of torpedoes, a nuclear reactor less than 300 feet away, 4500, 3000, 700, psi air running through out the boat, 3000psi hydraulic lines through the boat, moving through water virtually blind folded hoping you don't hit something or something doesn't hit you because the water is miles deep and survival is ZERO.

I picked the wrong profession9.gif

Scott