Picture time again

Deang

Edmond's Gold Cary SLP-90.

Well, it was gold -- until it started driving me nuts looking at it. So, a call to the 'Had Gang' for a new faceplate and knobs. Not bad, $105 and I got a new look that fits in better with the rest of the gear.

Yes, I think this preamp will be with me until it melts down.

post-3205-13819247077342_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 4/23/2003 11:13:53 AM NOSValves wrote:

With those wanna be horns ............. Nah !!
9.gif

But really nice looking rig !

----------------

27.gif What a snob.

Looks nice man! I need to go find your RF7 mod and re-read it.

Nice looking rig, for sure. The freshly vacuumed carpet is a bonus! :)

So, you have kids. Are they allowed in that room? I have my Scott tucked away behind a glass door and my wife still worries on of the kiddies will somehow get to messing with the amp and be struck by shards of hot glass from exploding tubes.

Mace

If your Scott has a case, with a cover -- than she has no need to worry.

Temple, my 2 1/2 year old daughter -- comes up regularly to dance in front of the system. She understands the 'hot glass' thing. I just took her over and explained it to her -- and we both held our hands over the tubes to feel the heat. She keeps a safe distance.

My 11 and 13 year olds both know how to properly power up and power down the system, and sometimes watch movies on the system while I'm at work.

Kids are smart -- you just have to take the time to explain things to them.

Dean,

Have you coupled your Scott to this set up with the speakers in this same placement? Wondering if you found the bass too "muddy and/or Boomy". That seemed to be my observation with the rf3II, I had to take them out to about 30 inches from the back & about 24 inches from the side wall.

Tom

I had my 299a up there for a while, but at the time I had the speakers 36" from the back wall.

Since I have the Cornwall/Scott system downstairs for low level/near field listening -- I've got the RF-7 system set up for balls to wall.

I'll eventually get my 299b up there just to see how she compares to the Quicksilvers and Cary -- I'm in no big hurry though.