Would you work in the film industry?

KAiN64

Would you be willing to work in the film industry? Such as for sound editing? I probably wouldn't. Why? Simply because it would ruin the movie for you! I mean if you are involved in making a movie, watching it when it's done won't have the same impact as when you don't know anything about the movie before watching it.

What's your opinion/comment?

Having worked on friends CDs as engineer and musician, worked on documentary films, and done a movie soundtrack, I would say "yes: to working in the film industry. I continue to listen to, watch, and enjoy the work I have done in the past. Woking on the individual parts is way different than seeing the whole finished product. It's not an ego thing. It is just fun to see what youv'e worked on. I also worked for a printer/publisher for almost ten years. Holding a product in your hands that you have worked on is very satisfying. Especialy when you know all the work that went into something, all the other people who have contributed to the final product and added their talent and expertise.

Marvel

I worked in the industry for a number of years in both sound and cinematography areas and can tell you that while that experience did change my perception of films it also enhanced my enjoyment of them. the more you know, whether from experience, education, reading ALWAYS affects your perception fo something. If you study the impressionism movement in art by attending courses and reading I assure you it will affect how you view a Degas painting in the future, does it ruin it for you? I suspect not, I would argue your enjoyment is enhanced through your added depth of knowledge, a great painting is a great painting. more knowledge, more facets to appreciate. Can one turn into a critic? yes...is that bad? I think not in the majority of cases. Due to my experience in the motion picture industry I certainly have become more of critic but I also can tell you that a great movie (which sometimes achieves the level of a great work of art) gives me perhaps more pleasure than the guy next to me because I know what went into creating that "perfect" screen moment and how hard it was to achieve and how marvelous is the magic of movies. regards, tony

----------------

On 5/8/2003 8:21:08 AM TheEAR wrote:

lancestorm,

I would not go as far as to call p0rn "film insustry",there is no real acting

talent involved.

A dressed swine has more raw talent

----------------

No real acting! Oh c'mon! The storylines are classic. Woman can't pay in cash for her car bill at the mechanics. Or something like that.

But seriously, with that big smile on my last post, how can you NOT tell that I was just joking? I'm all about making others at least smile...

As an industry professional since 1985 (I currently work in a motion picture laboratory), I would have to agree w/ Sunnysal & Marvel. Having more experience/knowledge about a particular field or medium enhances the experience. If anything , I enjoy movies more now than ever. Besides, it's not like you'll be involved in more than a couple of movies per year anyways...that leaves plenty of films to watch without knowing the plot or outcome.

Dave

----------------

On 5/8/2003 9:25:21 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Lance Storm vs Ron Jeramy.....what a match that would be.. WWE ringside adventure....

----------------

But I'd win...cause I'm from CALGARY.....ALBERTA.....CANADA! 9.gif

Finally, someone noticed the name I chose.

Tough question.... It's nice to go see a movie and having the simple minded thought of "WOW that was cool, or WOW that sounded great". Working in hollywood would, I think, cause you to always critque a film, it would take away from the magic of the industry and take away from the ability to simply sit back and enjoy it for what it is.

However, it would still be very interesting work.

----------------

On 5/9/2003 1:24:08 AM KAiN64 wrote:

----------------

On 5/8/2003 6:04:23 PM marksdad wrote:

c'mon kain, we all know you are going for posts, cant they at least be intelligent?
12.gif

----------------

What's wrong with this question?

----------------

Under normal circumstances this question would not have raised any eyebrows, but in its totality, your shotgun approach to stacking up post counts in such a short time becomes obvious to most.

One day you will grow to realize that the mark of a man's character is not in how many posts he can accumulate, but rather in the content of what he (or she) writes.

Personally, I think it is blatently obvious that this is what is occurring, Kain. You have created numerous topics in less than 48 hours that really have no baring on Klipsch (granted, I have created a few topics as well). But looking at your counter it is obvious that you are trying to get it back up to where you were before you were kicked out. I think people are just tired of seeing the 'mindless' posts. By mindless I mean non-audio, non-Klipsch, or even non-home theater. I think that posting fun topics, etc are needed but not at the rate that you have in the past few days. If other members of the forum were wanting to see the type of topics you have produced in the past few days, they'd move to another forum. That's why people are speaking out about it. It's just a bit too much and a bit too obvious. I think all of us in the forum would rather you contribute to questions and problems members pose or to serious audio/video/home theater discussions. I think the posts that you have posted might have been okay if not done so rapidly. Please, I am not trying to berate you, just trying to help you understand what other members are trying to tell you.

Personally, I think it is blatently obvious that this is what is occurring, Kain. You have created numerous topics in less than 48 hours that really have no baring on Klipsch (granted, I have created a few topics as well). But looking at your counter it is obvious that you are trying to get it back up to where you were before you were kicked out. I think people are just tired of seeing the 'mindless' posts. By mindless I mean non-audio, non-Klipsch, or even non-home theater. I think that posting fun topics, etc are needed but not at the rate that you have in the past few days. If other members of the forum were wanting to see the type of topics you have produced in the past few days, they'd move to another forum. That's why people are speaking out about it. It's just a bit too much and a bit too obvious. I think all of us in the forum would rather you contribute to questions and problems members pose or to serious audio/video/home theater discussions. I think the posts that you have posted might have been okay if not done so rapidly. Please, I am not trying to berate you, just trying to help you understand what other members are trying to tell you.

----------------

On 5/9/2003 7:37:13 AM KAiN64 wrote:

Why is that everytime I post something, it is being related to my "post counter?"

Well, obviously, I come here to post, and it just happens to be that my post counter increases as I post. My fault? No.

----------------

My apologies. It finally came to me. You're a code-writer for sleeper cells aren't you Kain? 6.gif OBL would not be happy if he knew you had been kicked off *cough* THE FORUM *cough*. No wonder you were begging to the moderator to let you back on. Better hurry up, just 500 posts left to go.