Anyone Know What KG-1's Sold For New? Help!

Frzninvt

I am contemplating purchasing a pair of supposedly mint KG-1's with the original cartons and paperwork. I feel that the seller is asking alot for them, or maybe I am just a cheapskate. He want's $200 plus shipping for them, I went to the Orion Blue Book website but I think the MSRP they have listed is low. Anyone konw what the KG-1 sold for new in Walnut Oil finish? Orion has them priced out like this: Used: $70, MSRP: $160, Mint: $40, Average: $23. Unfortunately, it is one of the only Klipsch bookshelf that was a sealed design which is what I need for my application. Any thoughts? Is $200, too much? I am willing to pay it since they are the last speakers that I need to finish my all Klipsch Heritage HT.

Thanks Steve, that is the precise information that I was looking for! I think I will purchase them. The KG series was a breakout of the original heritage line, so I guess they are psuedo heritage. If Forte's, Chorus's and KG-4's can be considered heritage I feel the KG-1's can too. A much closer sonic match for my Heresy II's and La Scala then any of the recent or current options available I'm sure.

KG's are NOT Heritage. They were not designed by PWK. I think $200 is way too much for them used. I have purchased the KG2.2 in mint condition for around $125 with stands. However, it is your money and what is important is what they are worth to YOU.

Now that we know what you need, give some time and a pair may well show up in your mailbox for less. Seriously. I found a few bargains by waiting. There is also a pair on eBay right now. Item #3024809488 if you are interested in black. Hmm. How important is original packing material? Is it like buying antique toys?

----------------

On 5/16/2003 3:14:09 PM JMON wrote:

KG's are NOT Heritage. They were not designed by PWK.

----------------

I would agree that it is a stretch to consider the KGs as Heritage. However, the K in KG stands for Klipsch -- it was a collaboration between PWK and Mr. Gillum (probably spelling his name wrong, and I forget his first name), I believe. :) Hence, the KG designation.

Doug

Screw KG1s there are 3 sets of KG-2s on E-bay much better than 1s get those, i myself like them!

As far as KG being heritage, id say yes, to me the sounds of them, fit in, certain tone frequencies, ive herd in Kg-4s, 5.5s, are like the heritage, now the chorus, were a less bass heritage fully fits the cornwalls, all but bass, the cornwalls were discontinued before the heritage lineup was produced thru Klipsch, which makes them non heritage, as well as the fortes, chorus, Kgs, Quartets, ETC, all the heritage was,, was a divider between, the certain lineups, at the time, back in the early 80s, and 70s, and earlier, the word heritage didnt exist at all, i have a brochure, from the Klipschorns, all the way down to the KG 1s, none were heritage, so heritage was just a new divider between certain speaker models!

Regards Jim9.gif

LOL

I know Carol, your thinking not again, well think about it, the word heritage came from Pauls first designs, the K-horn, Belle, Heresy, La Scala, i know, back in the 80s, not sure when, Klipsch divided the speakers using the word heritage, but all in all, all the speakers were sold, as Klipsch speakers before this point, the cornwalls were discontinued, before this took effect, not a word was said, on the chorus, ETC after this point, so in reality, all the 80s were sold just as Klipsch!

Regards Jim

Unfortunately, the KG-2 is too large for where I plan on placing the speakers. Most have the rear radiator which will not work since they will have their backs to a wall. I did email the guy with the ones on eBay and made him an offer, he declined and will let the auction run its course. I found a pair in walnut, he wants alot for them ($200) but they are mint with the original cartons, packing, manuals and literature so I have decided to purchase them. After all I just got La Scala's for $400 and Khorns for $1250 so I guess my good deal luck cant hold out forever. I plan to sell my ADS L300E's to pay for the majority of their cost so I guess all is well. I have not seen that many KG-1's up for sale, so since I have the opportunity I am taking it. They are the last speakers I need to finish out my HT setup so what the hell. Thanks guys for all your help and advice! I should be KG-1ing by next week. 9.gif