Whats up with this BB

Fish

i have always just assumed that all posts are opinion, in my case, because i have plunked down so much money, time, frustration, trying to get the sound i have been dreaming of, been store to store, done a-b's, learned alot, forgot alot, in short the opinions are all acording to the writer, and to be taken as such, even when a person provides a link to back up his or her statements it is still to be taken with a grain of salt, one more thing i have learned during the past year is that speks mean almost nothing, they are a basis, but combining all aspects of the system is what matters in the end, and finally the sound that comes out and is percieved by the listener is what really matters to the individual who is posting, plus that is what makes these bb's interesting, opinion, opinion, opinion. and just because it does not ring true with me, dosent anger me, it raises my eyebrows, and i say what if? the search goes on, as a matter of fact i am thankfull for people like deang, kain, dougdrake, mobilehomeless, jimcornell, johnallbright, all the young, all the old, all present differing opinion's, all valid, all thier own, all interesting, thought provoking. to me the bb's have been more than dull lately. this thread is livening it up though he he ha ha12.gif

equipment i have used in house; onkyo, yamaha, sony, denon, rotel, b&k, fischer, marantz, aiwa, pioneer, panasonic, hitachi, rca, proscan....speakers; sony, mission, yamaha, polk, klipsch, bose, bang and olufson.... headphones; grado, senns, sony, b&o, aiwa, panasonic12.gif had i come here first, and listened to all of the opinions, i would not have had to waste soooooooo much money, and the money was wasted, because as i upgraded i gave away the other equipment12.gif

----------------

On 5/17/2003 5:39:59 AM marksdad wrote:

equipment i have used in house; onkyo, yamaha, sony, denon, rotel, b&k, fischer, marantz, aiwa, pioneer, panasonic, hitachi, rca, proscan....speakers; sony, mission, yamaha, polk, klipsch, bose, bang and olufson.... headphones; grado, senns, sony, b&o, aiwa, panasonic
12.gif
had i come here first, and listened to all of the opinions, i would not have had to waste soooooooo much money, and the money was wasted, because as i upgraded i gave away the other equipment
12.gif

----------------

The evolution of one's personal sound system is always a matter of trial and error. Who says that what sounds good to me will sound as good to you? Even when armed with a mountain of opinions, you've still got to like what you bought.

Re: Subs.

I'd like to see the Sony sub that would hang even with the KSW-12, never mind a Reference 15. I am forced to listen to the rubbish pouring out of several Sony subs on a daily basis - they're the 2nd cheapest in my line, and they're friggin' trash. I've never heard a Sony speaker that I could honestly say sounded good to me. Bose? Nope. Not going there. Never been to a Bose store, never intend to go.

Hello Fish -

Here is my deal on forums. You spend quite some time matching opinions - that is to say you find folks whose opinions on the same stuff you have opinions on - and seeing if there is a consistency with their and your opinions. You can go one step further and do some fact matching on these same folks. You should find that this group of folks will be excellent guides on things you haven't auditioned, and that they do so with an ear similar to yours. Really simple. Your responsibility as an active forum participant is to repay these folks with your opinions and reviews.

You will gradually build a list of folks to ignore as well. I believe this tact will give you excellent results. It is also a decent blood pressure management technique.

Hey all,thanks for the opinions 2.gif.I just wanted to make clear I value your opinions.You all make good points.The statement,quote"NO Klipsch sub can go to 20 hz"is what really set me off.This was stated as fact,its not,I could not let it slide.Its been said many times the rsw15 does not do 20hz with authority,I can live with that statement.Then the rsw was thrown in with Bose and Sony 7.gif.How, I ask, could I let that slide?If anyone has a gripe with the rsw,fine,we all know its factual shortcomings,no BS needed.It also has some very strong attributes imo.I do wish I would have titled this,Whats up with this BS,as its not the BB thats the problem.

I never give my opinion,I speak the truth.All who dont agree are INFIDELS and will be terminated!!!

1.gif

Tuna,

"I read the rsw 15 won't even go to 20hz,FALSE"

Well having the RSW15 I can say it does hint 20Hz but its quite weak down there.Usable to me is at least 100dB(FLASH opinion FLASH).

"I read this "special avr" has high current,ALL half way decent avr's are high current."

Well depends how you define high current,most err ALL(FLASH opinion FLASH)have weakling amps and could not even drive a full set of Dynaudio or Thiel speakers to high levels.The amp will become very hot and shut down or you will start hearing strain

This is why a real audiophile has to have a real POWER AMP(at least an ATI1505) 1.gif

marksdad,

"equipment i have used in house; onkyo, yamaha, sony, denon, rotel, b&k, fischer, marantz, aiwa, pioneer, panasonic, hitachi, rca, proscan....speakers; sony, mission, yamaha, polk, klipsch, bose, bang and olufson.... headphones; grado, senns, sony, b&o, aiwa, panasonic had i come here first, and listened to all of the opinions, i would not have had to waste soooooooo much money, and the money was wasted, because as i upgraded i gave away the other equipment"

SHAME on YOU! Do I read B0$e in your list! 6.gif

I had a Candle portable AM/FM double casette radio and a YORX boombox...way way back. SAME ON ME! 3.gif

Thanks Earsoma for an honest statement about the rsw15,thats what I said. YES,we know most avr's are limited in output and an ext.amp in my case made a real difference.My point,many avr's are "so called high current)so if a unit proclaims this its no big whoop.

Easy,I too am no expert,I am a bit defensive about my rsw.If your point was it does not do below 25hz as good as some,I agree,but it read different.I use this sub for music and 5.1 concerts,it is a leader in its class for that purpose,IMHO.I also think we have hashed it out enough,maybe we all learned something.

Fish,

Why get all defensive? So what if the RSW slumps off under 25Hz. Did you buy it for the stats or for the way it sounds? If it sounds good to you and you are happy with your purchase then why care what anyone else says. Audio is a very personal thing. What sounds great to some will sound like crap to others, it's your ears, not their's that's important. (heck some people think their bose system rocks, yeah it wouldn't have been my first choice... or second... or even in the top 50, but if it makes em happy, what do i care?)

Greetings:

In my own humble, crazy, "expert," newbie, opinion, I would have to say all points have been covered. I may be wrong.

In summation, I would never walk into someone's house and say that their piece, or pieces, of equipment/system, does not sound good. Nor would I state that the system does NOT live up to its specifications unless I brought in my own testing equipment and crew to move all furniture, equipment, baffles, "false corner," - never understood that one - if it's made. it's a corner. It may not be part of the room, but... it's there.

In a serious light, Fish what are YOUR opinions on the RF7s - assembly, sound, etc.

Your Honor, the jury may be excused with our appreciation for service.

You have all made good points !

Thanks,

dodger1.gif

i am sorry, yes you read bose on the list, i feel such deep shame, but i feel better now. actually it was in my sons gaming system, now he has 2 rf 5's, 2 rf 3's, 1 rc 7, and once i get my svs, he will get the ksw 12, all of the other mentioned speakers were either given away, or sold at pawn shop, sorry about the bose thing guys, it wont happen again12.gif

1 upmanship, even if you dont realize it this is truly american, we constantly strive for best, even in many cases at the risk of friendships. i remember when i first bought my rotel gear, i was so happy, and 1 poster took my joy to heart, and told me to go to hell, another told me that his speakers if not his electronics could still blow my speakers away. i had a good chuckle over these posts, and it was than that i realized just how serious we take our systems, and how some people are doing systems for status not for pleasure. i know i do mine for pleasure because not many people even know i own what i own, to much risk in getting robbed, and as far as subs are concerned, i am currently using the puny ksw 12, and when tuned right it can be awesome, i have never once placed a meter in front of it to measure how low it goes, i just know that in combination with my corns it is freaking awesome, 25 hz? 20 hz? mine is bigger than yours nanny nanny12.gif

Dodger,as to the rf7,first I think is the sound.The 7's can sound fantastic,very impressive detail,with good source.Naturally good components upstream will make or break a spkr this eff.They also can go lower than you'd think with authority.They are not laid back(see B&W)so its best to use a warm amp IMO to avoid the so called harsh high's,which are mostly due to poor sources at LOUD vol.I have not had this problem but have heard of it.My set looks very nice(cherry),one small smudge in finish,they seem solid(after a year of mega db's) and the feet have not been a problem for me.As a stereo pair they are good,as part of the whole 7's set you will get first rate performance at reference levels,IMO. Now after Marksdad came clean on Bose,I must confess I also have a ten year old set on my back patio6.gif.They still work but are soon to be replaced

Greetings:

Thanks Fish - it's a pleasure to meet you and all the others on the Board.

It dawned on me this morning what has been missing from this discussion - lawyers.

In New York State, Manufacturers equipment has to meet published specificatins. Additionally, if a Sales Clerk puts a guarantee/Warranty/statement in writing, it takes on the portion of Contract. The same for signs in a store regarding return policy, NSF check fee, "a" stock or "B" stock, as-is etc.. The rest boils down to words spoken - an opinion to sell a certain product or put down another product - by a sales clerk, a "friend," or an expert (right).

So if things are wrong, we may as well sue (as a Summons/Complaint/Subpoena Server, it adds to my charges).

But, as I gave my opinion in an earlier post, in the 60s and 70s Klipsch was getting shot down because of horns. Don't buy a LaScala because it's a P.A. speaker, the Belles sound terrible and the Cornwalls are "dead."

And with tube equipment, Telefunken and Genalex are the only brands to consider - I wonder why McIntosh used a lot of RCA?

In my opinion, we know what we like, what we want to hear, and what types of music we listen to. That's what makes us different, that's the important part of life.

BTW - my thanks to those who sent me emails re the RF7s (Fish), and those who made some contact regarding a Variac or "home brew" Variac. And I used to have a '73 Challenger, so in my opinion Mopars rule, but now that I'm "responsible" I drive another brand.

Thanks