Only 9 days left .....

• Klipsch Employees

There are only 9 days left to get your room !!!!!!!!!!!

The best room rate/quality of room I could find for the group is at the Comfort Inn located at 9090 Wesleyan Road in Indianapolis. It is within walking distance to Klipsch.

They have offered us a special rate of $43/night for a standard room (2 double beds or 1 single bed), or a 1 or 2-room suite for $63/night. One-room suites are very large rooms; two room suites have a living area in front w/ foldout couch and bedroom in back.

Please have those that are coming in to mention the "Klipsch Block in June" in order for them to receive the group rate.

The hotel offers free continental breakfast each day and has an outdoor pool.

The telephone number for the hotel is 317-875-7676.

If you plan to come let me know... 3.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trey

Can you please verify the schedule of events for that weekend and report them? The origial thread is way to long to re-read to get details.

Are we arriving Friday, Saturday is tours etc, going home Sunday? Or are there Friday activities too?

Thanks much, Looking forward to this event.

JM

TREY : You olny have 8 days left to send me a pair of k-horn upgraded x-overs. Sure my 1987's would love them. lol

You likly don't remember but we once spoke on the phone years ago about blowen diaphrams in my k-horns.

My passion and love of both music and klipsch products has led to countless sales for klipsch due to my wild and crazy showroom . Almost everyone who sits in my theater room ends up buying a klipsch product.

Now i'm sucking up hard enough to get a demo pair of x-overs ????

• Klipsch Employees

JM,

Yes, that is about it...If everyone gets in early on Fri. The forum gang may meet away from the klipsch activities for dinner. This will most likely be a everyone has to eat. Lets meet somewhere.

Sat: 9:00am everyone meets at Klipsch terrace level .

9:10 - 12 tour

1-2 rest

2-5 NCAA and other venues

5-6 Freshen up for dinner

6 Dinners at The Jazz Kitchen www.thejazzkitchen.com

After dinner you are on your own, but a few of the gang my go down Town.

Sun: Leave for home

INDY BABY INDY!!!

Well, it looks like my original plans for that weekend went down the toilet. That means that I can come out to Indianapolis 9.gif. I just booked my flight and the hotel room. I'll e-mail you Trey when I get back home - but suffice it to say that I am a definite!

I friggan cannot wait to get out there and finally get to meet some of you. That is going to be so much fun. Yeah, baby!!

Trey-

Count me in as a definite "gonna be there." Room reserved and plane tickets purchased. I'll be one of those without wheels this trip, so hopefully there will be at least one extra seat in a car. Heck, I'd even ride on the roof if needed.

Looking forward to it and I'll be bringing the digital camera for sure!

Rob

----------------

On 5/29/2003 12:18:37 PM jhawk92 wrote:

I'll be one of those without wheels this trip, so hopefully there will be at least one extra seat in a car. Heck, I'd even ride on the roof if needed.

----------------

When is your flight arriving? I am arriving around 12:14 local time on friday. If you are arriving about that time +/- 30 minutes, I could give you a ride up to the hotel from the airport (providing you are also staying at the same Comfort Inn). However, I won't be leaving until Monday, so you may have to hop a ride back with somebody else (or take a taxi or bus). I'll probably be spending sunday either visiting relatives or making the 3 hour trip south to visit Holiday World for the day.

Steve-

My flight arrives at Indy at 1:30pm. Not sure if that is too long for you to wait or not. I'll be doing carry-on, so no need to wait for the baggage handlers to rough up my luggage. I can walk right off the plane and head for the exits. Yes, I am at the Comfort Inn as well. I have no problems doing the taxi on Sunday. Would be cool to start the Klipsch chatting earlier.

Trey-

That's evil. But if the hosts say no pics to Moon, who am I to argue? 11.gif11.gif9.gif

I was seriously debating making this trip, but to fly to Ind. for a couple of hours at the Klipsch headquarters just does not seem worth it. I think that you should dump the NCAA and mall stuff and have a full day dedicated to interesting klipsch stuff. If anyone wanted to visit Indy, then they could do that on Friday or Sunday.

Dream list of Klipsch activities:

1) Listen to all of the Heritage speakers that we hear so much about. I would love to listen to a Khorn and see what I am missing.

2) Listen to the new line of Reference speakers, and compare and contrast the different speakers with several different music genre's.

3) Listen to some heritage and reference speakers with different amplification sources to see the difference. Since most of the readers of this forum can't afford to buy a dozen different amps to see if they can in fact hear a difference, it would be good to have a quick demonstration.

4) I have seen posts by Trey discussing how the computer programs that they use to model crossovers. It would be nice to see a demonstration, and listen to a speaker with different crossover points. He also discussed how many months it took to design and build a new speaker. It would be nice to see the different steps, and listen to a couple of the 'rough drafts', and compare it to the final product.

5) I would like to see how they test the speakers.

6) Maybe a one hour class on speaker theory. Possible topics two way vs. three way speakers. Horn loaded bass vs. direct radiating. Discussion on how they are able to get the reference speakers to sound so much better than the synergy line, when their spec's are similar.

7) A discussion on the state of the industry, and why they have chosen the strategic path they are following.

I don't know if anyone else would be interested in these items, but it surely would make my day. It would be interesting to talk to some of the regulars to this forum, but to me, the main item of interest is the speakers. BTW, yes I am an engineer, so I am interested in the geeky aspects of this hobby.

Gary

----------------

On 5/29/2003 2:17:49 PM trey cannon wrote:

Ok

I would like NO ONE to send pics to MOON after this is over...that way maybe next time he will come.....

11.gif

----------------

LOL... Man oh man! That just aint right. Take a mans fear of flying and turn it against him. I see how you are. I got your back. 11.gif9.gif