Cornwalls for Sale!

Sad news. Our much-loved Klipsch Cornwalls have to find a new home as we are moving to the Caribbean. We bought them new in 1976, finished the outside in teak stain and put acoustic panels on the front. No kids ever and anal owners mean that they are in excellent shape and sound awesome! We want $750 US and are located on the west coast of Canada on the US border. Since we are driving to Miami there is a chance that we could deliver as well. 10.gif

Sorry, they just sold to a local guy. Thanks for your interest. - Eddie

9.gif

First of all, thanks for offering them here first. That is a more than fair price and you should have a sale within a short period of time. I'd buy them myself it I didn't live 2,000+ miles away. Someone here should jump on these. Do you have pictures?

----------------

On 6/9/2003 11:53:31 PM island eddie wrote:

Thanks. We are driving to Miami so if you are interested and depending where you are there is a chance we could drop them off on the way.

----------------

I live in MD. If for some reason you are going to be this far north, I would love to get more info from you. Keep me posted of your plans and if you can offer some pictures that would be helpful too. Thanks again, Gary

It seems every time a nice set of Corns comes along at a reasonable price they are virtually a continent away from me. Not that I have the room for them anyway, I could trade a pair of La Scala's for some and then I would have room. I wonder if DougV would part with his '62 Verticals for another pair of La Scala's. Nah, doubt it. I hope someone here on the BB hooks up with these.

Hi! Sorry for taking so long to reply. We will be in Tampa so getting together could be arranged. I have someone local coming over tonight to see them so possibly they may be gone. I will let you know. Also my ad was confusing I think. I was comenting on the sound with the amp to give a sort of comparison. It is not for sale with the speakers.

O.K. it was me. All you guys talking heritage got my interest going. They're home now and I'm trying them in place of the RF-7's. So far on my crappy system, they sound much more full and detailed. Much more midrange presence than the 7's, which I was missing1.gif.

I will have much more to add (and ask) in the future. Not much time now.

-PB

Wow, I don't know how I overlooked this thread, but I'm glad to see that those Cornwalls were available to other Klipsch Forum members here, and that PB's the lucky owner now. Yes, the Cornwalls have midrange in abundance; they will fill your room with rich, full music like no other loudspeaker can (save the Klipschorns, natch). I assume that we'll see a pair of fine RF-7's for sale very soon on these forums, no?

Congrats on becoming a Heritage member...welcome to the "Corn-Club" (I like that, garymd)!

Thanks for all the kind words and warm welcome to the Cornwall club.

I unfortunately am in the middle of a major home renovation, so I haven't much opportunity to play with these babies. I hooked them up to my Denon 3802, just to let my wife know the reason I bought these. They sounded quite a bit fuller and smoother than my RF-7's, but I would give the nod to the 7's in the slam category. Different sound probably due to different room placement. Anyway, I can't wait to get (but I must wait7.gif ) a quality amp/pre-amp combo for these. It's gonna have to wait until the reno's are done.

I will post pics when I get some time. But just to let you know, I think they were a bit 'rougher around the edges' than I expected. They are CD-BR's of 1975 vintage (N code in serial number??), with the birch veneer stained on outside of cabinet (sides), and with the motorboard only partially stained around edges. There are 3 or 4 chips in the veneer (some good ones) as well. They are not consecutive serial numbers but are only 4 numbers apart. I'm not entirely positive yet, but I think one of the woofers has been replaced (different dust caps), and somebody used screws that were too long to mount one of the woofers. You can see that the screws popped through the front of the motorboard and were cut off flush. The home made grills consisted of pieces of black foam with a square pattern on them (no grill frame). Small pieces of velcro (randomly placed on motorboard) held the grills on. They need some cosmetic work.

I did have the advantage of being able to inspect and listen to them prior to purchase, which I think is a rare opportunity. They sounded wonderful, everything worked, so I decided to buy. I showed my wife some cornwall pictures from this BB, and convinced her we could make these into wonderful pieces of furniture.

I will have lots of questions for you cornwall club members (and other klipsch members) in next few weeks/months, but I don't hang out here on the board a lot. Please forgive if I don't reply right away.

And for those of you salivating, thinking there will be a pair of RF-7's for sale, you will have to wait. Right now I plan on keeping them. Ultimately (like most of you) I want to purchase Khorns, when they arrive, I'm sure the 7's will have to go8.gif.

-PB