12 year old K-horns

Hey guys, I have a pair of 12 year old k-horns with the oiled oak cabinets in perfect condition ( a small scuffle or 2 on top of one cabinet and some dust bunnies ) going for $2800 each plus shipping, unless you would like to drive to Gulfport, MS to pick them up. Price is slightly negotiable, e-mail me for more details if interested cj21_2001@yahoo.com

well its negotiable. I might as well change it to $2400, can't go lower than that though. They still have a warranty believe it or not, being as they are at the electronics store where I work and were never sold. Thats why I can't dip below $2400. They are in perfect condition, not a scratch on them I have found. If the manager finds out I am advertising on here I am in trouble. The big probelm is the shipping, was hopeing to find someone local that wants them. I am hourly paid so I do not get commision, reason why I am letting them go so cheap, they still have the standard retail price stuck on them here in the store.

Sorry for jumping in here, but never sold to the public, and being 12 years old, some one had enjoyed them in the store!

Even with this situation, top price on the pair would be around 2,500- 3,000 max!

2,400 each would be top price of 4,800.00 so do yourself a favor, keep and enjoy them!

I bought 4 for 2,300.00!

Regards Jim

I have only been here for 3 weeks and honestly have never seen a pair of K-horns before moving here. I myself have been a Klipsch owner for 3 years and my dad for 8. I honestly would seel them for $1k each just to try to get them out of here, but the owner/manager still would like to get at least cost out of them, which is probably why they are still here. I will talk with him and see what I can do, will post an update if he will let me drop the price on them below cost.

No doubt, my brother in law and I walked into a store last year(Metex International, Laredo, TX) and he bought a pair of 1999-2000 Khorns in Oak Oil finish for $2600 for the PAIR after some serious haggling of course! With taxes and such it came to about $2800 and someting. These were NEW mind you, just display models that they were selling. The guy told us his cost on these and I can assure you it is NOT $4800. Cost to the dealer for the older Khorns would be in the vicinty of $2800-$3300 for the pair. I bought my '88 Khorns in Oak Oil, in fabulous shape a small chip or two for $1250. $2400 apiece, put down that crack pipe and go to bed. Or try your luck on eBay you may find a sucker there.

Like I said, I have only been here 3 weeks and I wish to jsut get rid of them, but I can't do something that will cause me to loose my job ( like sell them at $1k each without his permision. ) As far as them being enjoyed in the store, they are hooked up to a Pioneer elite tuner/stereo amp rated at 50w per channel that is probably older than the horns are. I've only played them 2 times since I have been here, most of our customers go to the home theater room with the 65" mitsu high def, rf7's, rs7's, rc7, rsw15 ( it is a 7.1 system ), Denon AVR5803, DVD2900 and listen to that setup. I personally and drooling over that DVD2900 at the moment, just don't have the funds and My dvd2800 serves me well at the moment. Havn't gotten to much into the SACD and DVD Audio arena yet, I am primarily a movie watcher. If he will allow me to sell these things at a resonable price, I will let you guys know.

K-freak

If I had any say at that store and had Khorns to display, what I would do is set the room up as a Heritage Home Theater room and let those old Khorns start making you money. Then you would trully be a high end Home Theater store setting the standards way above your competition.

But thats me!!!

JM

----------------

On 6/10/2003 4:39:50 PM j-malotky wrote:

K-freak

If I had any say at that store and had Khorns to display, what I would do is set the room up as a Heritage Home Theater room and let those old Khorns start making you money. Then you would trully be a high end Home Theater store setting the standards way above your competition.

But thats me!!!

JM

----------------

Could get you a quick promotion!2.gif

Trust me, I would love to set up a room using the k-horns as a front left/right, with a LaScala as a center, and I am guessing Heresy II's as surround L/R and surround back L/R in a 7.1 setup. I can just imagine them with a overhead DLP projector projecting a 80"-100" video image onto a screen that the bottom is about 6" above the top of the LaScala. Throw 2-4 RSW15's in their for a lil more bass reinforcement and their you go. Problem is, the heritage line is special order only with us, he just got the two horns years ago to see how they would sell, and no one has ever bought them. I hope to be the only person in teh company to ever sell a set. Speaking of, I got him down to $1600 each today, gonna try to work him down more a lil later when he isn't so bothered with me asking about it.

$2800 each is more than they sold for 12 years ago! That means it's a lot more than the store owner paid for them. You're not likely to get more than $2400-2500 for them, and even that is on the high side. Used Khorns (and these ARE used) generally sell for under $2k. Typically, the only ones that sell for more are those that have something special about them, such as an exotic wood veneer or a PWK signature. Just want to let you know what you're up against.