Yikes

Deang

dean, that whole NY tube mafia is nuts! they make these frankestein things and the more "frankensteiny" the better! the wierd thing is that they sound so good! years and years ago I went to a meeting on Watt street in lower manhattan of these nuts and was amazed at the sound. slagle has had this amp for at least 7 years in process and it changes every year! one thing for sure, the guy knows tube amps. his trannies rule! tony

"The guy must not have any pets in that place. What kind of a way is that to live?"

I suspect you were referring to the person alluded to by the original poster but I think I can answer regarding my pal.

He has unfortunately never been able to make a solid connection with a lifemate. He has never had success with the ladies and has no romantic interest in males. He does love (and is loved) intuitively by cats,dogs,miscellanous rodents,birds and people like me.

He has accepted that he is unlikely to ever find a lifemate and thus has chosen to fill his life with those things that are as he sees it within his grasp.He has friends that love him and watch over him.

FWIW - Our cats have no interest in us whenever he visits. He fusses over them and the only time he has ever criticised me or my wife was recently when he became frustrated that one of our cats had become grossly overdue for a trip to the groomer ( He was right ).

What kind of a way to live is that ??

Probably as good a life as is available to any of us. You gotta play the best hand you get dealt.

Yep I be a softie at times but recently I had strong reason to believe that I was on the way out the hard way ( one of my docs strongly suspected I might have a tumour on the brain ). Fortunately it turned out that an MRI ruled that out and the issues being addressed were due to other less catastrophic causes.

Trust me on this my friends - spending 6 +/- weeks awaiting the expected confirmation of a death sentence will make any one of you a tad more thoughtful about issues such as how a life should best be lived.

Yes that experience did change my outlook to a degree.

BTW jt1stcav

One of the losses I dreaded most was that I would no longer have my cats to love. All 3 can be a royal PITA at any given moment but they love me and my wife and especially my buddy.

" ...But he can't have any pets. If a cat wandered into that hoard of wires and heated vacuum tubes... "

LOL

That reminds me of the time when my wife and I first heard my AQ1003DT. She said it sounds great ! But don't those big tubes get really hot ? What if one our girls get curious and sticks her nose on one of them ?

I looked at her and said Just once dear - just once !

9.gif