cleaning out tubes

rtaylor

that is what I thought - I see matched Mullards going for $40+ a piece. I have no idea what the other tubes are worth, but judging from the prices I see at tube sites on the 'net, I assume that some of the other tubes in your stash are worth some $$. There are more qualified people on this board, however, to tell you what those values are.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunny,

No problem there I have some nice 5U4's already what flavor you looking for ? I'm not a EL-34 nut so you can have first dibbs on them also. I however will want the KT-88/6550 for sure 1.gif

I'm sure these tubes will be worth some cash for Randy we just have to figure out what is what.

Craig

sounds great craig, when ryan sends them to you or posts more details we can see aprox values. I would love an old Sylvania or RCA 5U4G, rahter low priority on that though since in 5U4 I am pretty well stocked I have mullards, a GEC, a Brimar but nothing from the old USA (1940-50s)...I have some EH EL34s but would love some mullards, and re: 5AR4s I have only sovtek and chinese...yuk! anything would be better and more reliable. regards, tony

Ryan,

You know the biggest problem I have with you. Your above post is a classic example ! I am not stupid and knew everything you just posted. You are not my teacher and once again I must ask you to quit posting to me I do not want your advice !! How clear can I be about this ?

Please respect my request

Craig

"Sunny,

No problem there I have some nice 5U4's already what flavor you looking for ? I'm not a EL-34 nut so you can have first dibbs on them also. "

I am just curious...

I was the first to inquire about the EL34's (and I said I was happy to pay a fair price), so why does Sunny get first dibs???

Whoops Ryan instead of Randy, apologies to all. re: the EL34s, I don´t wish to be involved in any kind of "tube grab", I just let everyone know what I would be interested in (and let Randy know that some of his tubes may indeed be worth real $$$). when Randy decides what to do I will be around. regards, tony

btw ryan, there are some 12SN7s available at http://tubeman.com/cat4_1.htm for $4.99 this guy is a good seller.

Ryan,

Once again please quit posting to me point blank ! What do I have to do here ?

I do not remember telling people to put a 5U4 in there Scott amps this is not the HH Scott forum. There are many applications where this tube can be safely used in place of a 5AR4 to lower the B+ like the entire Dynaco Mark series of amps and many othjer similar amps.

----------------

On 7/26/2003 9:21:39 PM mac_daddy wrote:

I am just curious...

I was the first to inquire about the EL34's (and I said I was happy to pay a fair price), so why does Sunny get first dibs???

----------------

I guess that this place su*%s. It was much nicer here before.

You probably ask, Before what? But I bet you know the answer2.gif .

didn't want to start a flamefest...

I simply wanted to be considered (and not skipped) when the tubes are offered...

I figured it wasn't personal, and I wanted to clarify that I wasn't trying to pull some tomfoolery; I just wanted my offers to be considered along with all the others from the group...

that, and I did ask about the EL34's (along with the 12AX7's and the 12AT7's) first :)

I did not want to start an offensive "tube grab," pissing contest, or anything else of that trolling nature...

Have a pleasant Sunday all.

Sorry about the last post, was off at the lake all weekend. Craig, if you still want I'll send you the majority of tubes and capacitors. Anyone to this point who has asked for a tube and one that I have will receive that tube or tubes for shipping fees only. I don't know if they are good or not, no guarantee's! Please let's get along. Ryan, I have two brand new RCA 12SN7GTA's with your name on them on the kitchen counter. Peace

----------------

On 7/27/2003 5:39:08 PM rtaylor wrote:

Hey Guy,I'm using the 5U4's in my MKIII's right now,what was your comment about cooking your power transformer,my understanding is they put out less current that the 5AR4's. Randy

----------------

Hey Randy,

The MKIII is an exeption. If my memory is correct, it has the same power transformer as the MKII, so it can most probably be used in a MKIII as well.

As for the tubes,

I'll be more than happy to accept any of the following:

metal 6L6's for my Scott 265A's and 5u4's,

EL34's and 6cg7's for my Marantz model 2's,

any 12bh7's, 12ax7's, 12au7's, 6x4's and 6dj8's for my Airtight pre and power amps.

Thanks 1.gif ,

Guy