It's gonna be campy, it's gonna be cheezy, but I am going to love every minute of it.

m00n

To tell you the truth, garymd, I didnt make the IT connection. I dont know anything about that off the wall strange stuff. I guess Im just ignorant.2.gif Hey Clu! Who was that Tim Curry looking guy I saw you with the other day while you were getting your Mall bangs done? He reminded me of my physician. I suppose well find out if the rumors are true if Dr. Frank-N-Furter pops up as someones avatar. But hey! What do I know? I view the world differently than everyone else. Yes! I have my space helmet on Captain Vid, Vid, Videooooooooooo.

Speaking of clowns, davmar...all clowns freak me out! Especially Bozo, Krusty, and the mad clown from my PS2 game "Twisted Metal: Black".

Never been a fan for any horror/slash-'em flicks...I'd rather watch a comedy, sci-fi, or action adventure film instead.

What's not scarey is your beautiful Stingray...EveAnna Manley really turned that company around when she took charge, and all Manley gear (whether it's professional or high end consumer) is very striking in appearance (and in tone)!

My favorite scary movie "Something wicked this way comes" Ray Bradberry story made to the movie!

My goddess JT, I cannot believe this setup, I was listening to John McLaughlin Trio that I got yesterday. I thank the day I came across the La Scalas and your ad for the Stingray! I use an equalizer, which I know some look down upon, but all the slides are all the way down except the four bass ones that I slide up to zero, and that seems to work out fine. Kai Eckhardts bass work sound phenomenal! Trilok Gurtu on drums is like he is in my living room. I am having my Alaska Permanente Fund start to burn a hole in my pocket, but I cannot think of anything I need to spend that $1500 dollars on.

So despite what Joe Rosen said (I think) I think there is more gold in the Manly Stingray than the gold plate on the faceplate! And I quote I can drag Audio Note & Audio Innovations through the mud, but to be fair, if I'm going to get too carried away with that, then I should drag VTL along with them, with conrad-johnson & Jadis not very far behind. Post 1994, Eve-Anna assumed control of Manley Labs, so these products SHOULD be free of the glaring engineering deficiencies that the older David Manley "designed" products were so full of. Things like idiotically excessive plate & screen voltages (one VTL integrated amp I saw actually ran the tubes at DOUBLE the rated maximum voltages!), and equally lunatic excessive grid resistances that caused output tubes to just up & run away (The big VTL's were notorious for this, notably the 300 and rarer 500. Manley had his staff resoldering the tube pins on GE 6550's, quality American-made tubes that were still available at the time. Obviously, this didn't solve the problem, which was grid resistances anywhere from six to ten times the maximum ratings, on top of excessive plate & screen grid voltages. Then Manley would claim that he ran his tubes "conservatively", only because he used low idle bias currents...). If you want to complain about something that has nothing of value in the box, don't ever buy conrad-johnson! An ART preamp costs what, $20,000 last I heard a price mentioned? It looks like two mono preamps, but this is simply down to a machined groove the cheap buggers had milled into the common faceplate of the thing.

Geeze, I saw the title of the thread, and I thought it might be regarding the California Governor's race... Arnold Schwartzeneger vs. Gary Coleman. What a joke! Being a Californian, I will NOT be enjoying every minute of it, though!

14.gif

fini

Oh pleeeeeeeeeease fini. Cut us some slack here. Sour grapes! Sour grapes! Everyone knows youre just burned up about the fact that Larry Flynt turned you down when you tried to Hustle your way in on his campaign managers job. 2.gif

The originals of each are not bad -- but I give the edge to Freddy. The first Nightmare on Elm Street is pretty bizarre.

I tend to get creeped out by movies that most others aren't creeped out by. Body Double kind of creeped me out.

Dead Calm gave me chest pains.

----------------

On 8/8/2003 7:35:19 AM DeanG wrote:

The originals of each are not bad -- but I give the edge to Freddy. The first Nightmare on Elm Street is pretty bizarre.

I tend to get creeped out by movies that most others aren't creeped out by. Body Double kind of creeped me out.

Dead Calm gave me chest pains.

----------------

Body Double was a classic - Hitchcock like. Wasn't that the one with the telescope?

Davmar:

That McLaughlin disc you mentioned, "Live at the Royal Festival Hall" is one of my all time favorites and test discs. It has it all: Great performance and great recording.

It got my vote on the recent "Favorite Live Recording" thread on the Forum.

It's too bad JM's Mahavishnu Orchestra remasters suck so bad. I had hopes when MFSL remastered "The Inner Mounting Flame", but it blows too.

----------------

On 8/7/2003 9:50:38 PM davmar wrote:

My goddess JT, I cannot believe this setup.

Dave,

Glad to hear the Manley is impressing you more day-to-day!

Just for kicks...did you ever get a chance to try the Russia EL84s I supplied with the amp? I actually liked the JJs better-not quite as harsh on the top end but its kinda fun to tube roll to hear the differences between tubes.

IMO the Manley Stingray is one of the best looking tubes amps out there,just a
beautiful
amplifier.

Jeff

"By the way welcome home Mike! I was with the CAV."

As in "THE" 1st Cavalry Division? Or am I missing your point?

Either way, you're definately a MANLEY MAN for sure. The Stingray is such a stunning amp...I can imagine the fun you have listening to significant/subtle differences in sound quality while tube rolling.

EveAnna must be proud...2.gif