I'm no audiophile "update"

Wolk1

----------------

On 8/26/2003 2:23:56 PM dodger wrote:

Hello:

Well my Wife has her Master's for teaching, A Bachelor's in Art, was head of In-patient Billing at one of our Hospitals before an offer to become Business Office Manager at a non-profit Hearing and Speech Center.

She was given the President's Award the first year she was there. She has also been a Consultant on time and efficiency in Medical Billing.

She also served as Co-Coordinator for our local PD's Police And Citizens - Together Against Crime Program and has been the Clerk of Vestry for our Church for 21 years.

I said to her two (2) nights ago that she should go clothes shopping, as I am getting some new equipment and she said no.

She assisted Harriett who did all of the Authentic Clothing - made from single patterns, adjusted for size, has been a seamstress, also has been a Process/Summons/Subpoena Server and is liason from where she works to Blue Cross Blue Shield.

She walks over, turns any of the stereo sytems on and enjoys what she wants. Just an average Wife.

So given her credentials and three Service Awards from our local PD, she has no troubleif I let her know ahead of time that I want an addition to my stereo.

Oh, I forgot, she was a Jazzercise Registrar for eight (8) years and took care of all of their sound equipment - Crate mixer/Amplifier, Double Tape Deck, CD player, two (2) speakers and four (4) wireless Shure Microphones.

Average days.

Win dodger

----------------

Win,

She sounds above average to me. I'm looking forward to meeting her this weekend. She and my wife should get along splendidly. They can spend the entire day complaining about us as long as it gives us enough time to play.2.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello:

I forgot, she has her own part-time interior decorating business, can re-finish wood, hang wallpaper and was on the Ecology team at the PGA in Rochester.

Again don't judge a book by its cover. People have reasons for the things they do.

It is not up to anyone but the couple themselves to judge their degree of happiness, compatability, knowledge of one another.

Now would we be married if my wife did not have all of that going for her - YES.

It is who she is as a person, not the degrees, the Awards, the talent, it is her personality, her ability to help me through my toubles when she has some of her own, her heart.

Win dodger

What a funny thread this has turned out to be. One half went from gloating about how we hide things from our wifes to giving out their resumes and what great relationships we have after being chastised by the other half. Chastised is too strong of a word here as I know this has all been in good fun.

I won`t go into great detail about my wife but will say she is the best thing that I ever acquired in my 42 years of life. When she bought me the Cornwalls and the damn things were twice the size of what we had it was her idea to ditch the bookshelf in the far corner and put a CW there. That my friends is true love.

And speaking of those Cornwalls, it was that ebay purchase that got me on this vinyl buying spree. Damn! Damn they sound good with vinyl going through them.

I dont know - 20 years sounds pretty fair to me Reel. We are coming up to our 20th in January, come to that my parents are coming up to their 40th. No idea what I am going to get any of them....

Sadly when it comes to audio I am in the "hide it" camp. Even after all this time she who must be obeyed (SWMBO) doesnt get the fascination. Its not that she doesnt enjoy listening to music on ocasion but usually only as a background to entertaining or something.

My constant striving to improve the sound leaves her mystified and only very ocasionally does she comment on an improvement.

I find it mildly humorous that the term "stereotype" has come up, refering to wives and relationships, esp. in the old "2 channel Forum." Do you think there's a parallel thread in the home theater forum discussing "7.1 THX type wives?" Sounds a bit "Stepford," don't you think?

fini

----------------

On 8/27/2003 6:00:18 AM reel 2 reel wrote:

geeeezzz.....since were talkin' bout our wives...today is our 20th anaversery...(I used to spell good before I got this dang computer!!)...I know, to some of you it isn't much,....but I'm just happy I got a good one...

----------------

So what kind of computer did you get?9.gif Just kidding. Hey, get this and you will spell just like most of us do.

http://www.iespell.com/

fini, you're too much...LOL!

William, it may be nice to be single at times, but I'm always broke now, so my audio-shopping days have come to a screeching halt!

All you married men are extremely lucky to have the wives that you do! Their achievements and skills are duely noted, but the fact that they also appreciate you and your interests as well...most gratifying indeed! Count your blessings (as I'm sure you all do)!

Actually, my dad's been turning his recent antique radio hobby into a part time restoration/servicing business, which my mom absolutely loves too, and helps him find "new" vintage tube radios at flea markets and antique shops all around New England! Years ago she may have griped about the money spending, but now she has no problems whatsoever going to an antique shop herself and buying a "cluncker" 1937 Philco cathedral radio for my dad to restore...Maybe her sudden interest in his radio collecting is in part due to the excellent money he makes restoring them, you think?

She wasn't too keen on the idea back in '83 when he built the pipe organ for our house, but she's grown to accept and admire it over the years (and now she misses not hearing it now that they both live up in CT).

Jim: So get your mom to lean on dad to fix that blasted organ!

Back to the great wives, the PAW just approved my expenditure to build my nextgen digital audio recorder. That's on top of the cost for our daughters school and her MBA program.

She understood that this one needed to be QUIET and never drop data.

Great wives are heaven on earth.

Dave