Advice needed......SET AMP for Cornwalls

Cuffclean

----------------

On 9/23/2003 12:32:21 PM paulparrot wrote:

Bowling for Columbine, which I would never dream of watching, is anything but fair. Check out this analysis:

----------------

*blink*

uhmmmmmm... well, about set amps that is... I wish I could hear one. Anybody near Bowling Green, KY that has a set amp or push-pull amp or any type of tube amp to which I might be allowed to listen? The *only* experience with tube amps I have is my Fender Twin.. the hotter it gets, the sweeter it sounds.

forrest (experentially challenged)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 9/23/2003 12:17:26 PM dodger wrote:

I thought Mr. Moose was good and Bunny Rabbit came up with some great ways to steal carrots.

dodger

----------------

Back in 1987, my sister, a hospital chaplain, was working at Pocono Medical Center, making the rounds with patients. She had a new patient in one of the rooms so she dropped in to visit with him.

After chatting a little bit, my sister noted that he looked very familiar but couldn't place the name. The old man chuckled and said, "Ever watch Captain Kangaroo??"

His real name was Hugh Brannum. Mr. Greenjeans died of cancer a few months later.

Allan,

The only thing wrong with Moore being a NYC millionaire is that that is not the persona he adopts in his shows. He pretends to be blue-collar. I don't mind in the slightest whether someone has money, but I do mind hypocrisy and deceit.

I believe he cares about the poor to the extent I believe Ted Kennedy cares about the poor.

----------------

On 9/23/2003 12:58:54 PM Woodog wrote:

----------------

On 9/23/2003 12:32:21 PM paulparrot wrote:

Bowling for Columbine, which I would never dream of watching, is anything but fair. Check out this analysis:

----------------

*blink*

uhmmmmmm... well, about set amps that is... I wish I could hear one. Anybody near Bowling Green, KY that has a set amp or push-pull amp or any type of tube amp to which I might be allowed to listen? The *only* experience with tube amps I have is my Fender Twin.. the hotter it gets, the sweeter it sounds.

----------------

Hello:

The Fender is a nice amplifier. Is it one of the pre-CBS or after?

For Chris, the Mr. Greenjeans teller, he was a quiet man of reason and gentleness. It must have been difficult to see someone like him pass away. Thanks for sharing that.

Win dodger

----------------

On 9/23/2003 1:11:29 PM Chris Robinson wrote:

----------------

On 9/23/2003 1:07:08 PM paulparrot wrote:

I believe he cares about the poor to the extent I believe Ted Kennedy cares about the poor.

----------------

Or about bad driving ...

----------------

or about traffic jams.......

UHHHHHHHHH, now what were we talking about?

Oh, I definitely like Mose Allison.

----------------

On 9/23/2003 9:03:52 AM garymd wrote:

Maybe I just saw his evil twin. I can't recall a recent thread where Guy was doing anything but starting a flame.

----------------

FWIW, read Guy's posts in the first two pages of this thread. Nothing confrontational there that I can find. Guy has been posting here for a couple of years and has always been quite helpful and knowledgeable.

I am not trying to stir anything up here, or taking sides, simply pointing out that Guy has been a valuable asset to the forum for as long or longer that many of us.

I understand and have already said I believe you all when you say Guy has been a valuable asset to the forum. I was just stating my observations over the past couple of months. I'm a pretty easy going person and I try not to judge people.

So it's settled. Other than the attacks on Craig in recent months, Guy has been a valuable asset to this forum for longer than I and many others have been members.

Sincerely,

Gary

----------------

On 9/23/2003 1:59:00 PM edster00 wrote:

----------------

On 9/23/2003 9:03:52 AM garymd wrote:

Maybe I just saw his evil twin. I can't recall a recent thread where Guy was doing anything but starting a flame.

----------------

FWIW, read Guy's posts in the first two pages of
this
thread. Nothing confrontational there that I can find. Guy has been posting here for a couple of years and has always been quite helpful and knowledgeable.

I am not trying to stir anything up here, or taking sides, simply pointing out that Guy has been a valuable asset to the forum for as long or longer that many of us.

----------------

Greetings:

Please take note that as Guy, you, Kelly, Gary, Dean and the rest are also valuable assets. Don't sell yourself short.

I'm not trying to have this be a lovefest. I look at the shots others take at others as blur.

I like to hear the knowledge rather than the blur. For as long as I have been around audio, there are things that I enjoy learning.

This Forum is the one that I have found to be the most resourceful and diverse - in equipment, musical tastes and personalities.

This is a place that I can come to with a question and usually within 45 minutes or less, I'll find two (2) or three (3) answers.

That's worth every cent of my monthly fees.

Win dodger

----------------

On 9/23/2003 1:15:34 PM dodger wrote:

----------------

On 9/23/2003 12:58:54 PM Woodog wrote:

*blink*

----------------

Hello:

The Fender is a nice amplifier. Is it one of the pre-CBS or after?

Win dodger

----------------

Hello to you Dodger. I always enjoy your posts, even the 'not so fun to write' ones.

The Twin is post CBS I think. 135 watts, 10 tubes, 2 12" speakers. I bought it in 1981, and I think it was about 5 years old at the time. It is still totally stock, and still sounds great. It is HEAVY and a workhorse. I don't currently use it as I'm more of a keyboard player than a guitarist these days, but I do let a guitar playing friend use it on a regular basis. His american made telecaster sounds super sweet through it (of course, his exceptional playing helps too).

forrest

----------------

On 9/23/2003 1:46:13 PM edster00 wrote:

Woodog,

Shoot me an email if you ever head down to the Atlanta area...you would be welcome to hear a pair of SET amps with my K-horns. It is not a bad drive, ~4½ hours, I drove to Bowling Green to pick up a pair of '63 Cornwalls this spring.

----------------

This is an invite I'll not pass up! Thanks!

forrest