SCOTT 299 C FOR SALE

dodger

Greetings:

In keeping with the Forum first:

Scott 299 C:

without cabinet, I personally like cabinets, a lot like to see the tubes

3/8" mark on faceplate

a Craig rework as it is stock, but working.

1 knob has metal insert missing

NOS tubes in front

Needs new output tubes old, original weak, Craig would replace anyway

Has green plastic for middle light in faceplate, has been broken off behind, have piece, light still works.

This is similar to the rare 299 C mentioned by a member and commented on by Craig and Ryan a couple of days ago with the tubes behind transformers. Closer to 299D

Inside of unit is extremely clean.

I paid $385.00 for this on AudiogoN, advertised as excellent. I filed dispute, prevailed, accepted $160.00 refund.

I have cleaned it, faceplate, knobs and have cleaned the chassis to some degree. As I received $160.00 back, I have $225.00, shipping and the NOS tubes in front invested.

Reason for sale is I recently acquired a Scott 222C. I don't have space for both. Felt it fair to offer for sale than sit on display.

Anyone wish to make a reasonable offer? $240.00 with NOS tubes in front. I don't mind losing some, not a lot. A choice of NOS tube can be had.

Win dodger

----------------

On 9/16/2003 12:22:07 PM tillmbil wrote:

Win, did you say that it has not been sent to Craig? If so what does Craig need for a tuneup? I am interested.

----------------

Greetings:

I know Craig checks the tubes, tests resistors, cuopling caps for tolerance, inspects for leaking caps.

He also checks controls.

I can also give you a website of someone that makes cabinets, if you have the same penchant as I do. They look finished to me with a cabinet, IMHO.

Beyond that I believe Craig should answer.

Win dodger

Win,

I have a friend here in Washington who wants the 299c. If bill doesn't want it first, it is sold.

Things are going slow out here on the edge of the high desert in Ford, Washington at the ole uranium mill. I'm training a new tech how to do radiation surveys, but he is a little slow and just wants to rest all the time. Check out our favorite, Mr. Safety Bear...

Win, my shipping address is:

105 Comercial Dr

Sun City Center, Fl 33573

How much shipped and I can send you a money order FEDEX.

Will also need an address.

So, $225 plus shipping and it has been checked by Craig?

If it hasn't then let me know and we can ship it to Craig. I did not quite understand whether or not it has been NOSVALVES approved yet or not.

Thanks for the offer before E-Bay.

Bill,

Does this mean you don't want the 240? I spoke with him today and he just hasn't had time to work on it. Soon he said.

You'll love the scott after Craig gets through with it. Don't be suprised if those output tubes run you back some $$$$ depending on what you get. Worth every penny though. I've never heard a 299C but from reading posts it's everything a 299b is and then some. The difference is the price and availability of tubes which differ from the 299 and 299b. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: I just re-read Win's post and it sounds like he's got some output tubes available. Whatever he recommends I would go with. He knows his tubes (among other things)!

Hey Gary, yes I want the 299C wherever it is, and will have it shipped to Craig, or maybe this means he already has it.

Yes, I still want the MC240 if the price stays at the price mentioned earlier in a thread. No idea where that was now though.

Wow, this is like christmas.

Craig, someway or another you will get, or have the Scott in question. Please fix to do your usual and we can arrange payment.

I have to leave for a day and will look for repsonses and direct e-mail to you guy's soon. I am off to see "Steely Dan" in Tampa. 9.gif

Bill,

I don't have it yet but I'm sure Win will ship it ! The 299C's sound great the Output tubes are just more expensive and hard to find in NOS that will allow the use of a case, If a case is not of concern to you then I suggest you plan on getting a set of the New EH 7591's they sound great but there to tall for a case (I have a good source for these). Then if you do want to try NOS take your time on Ebay and find a set 1 or 2 at a time it ends up much cheaper. I'm sure Win will let me know when the amp ships and then I will get with you after I get it checked out. Send me a email with your address , Phone number so I have it on record craigostby@comcast.net

Craig

Hello:

Hey Gary good to hear from you.

Bill's off to a Steely Dan concert.

The amp is sold. His PM beat one email by four (4) minutes.

I hereby recommend DaveSheltie (sp?) for the "Gentleman of the Year award."

I just hope nobody's irritated with me.

I recommended tubes that Craig will put in.

take Care and all of you be safe.

Win dodger

----------------

On 9/16/2003 1:55:48 PM sheltie dave wrote:

Things are going slow out here on the edge of the high desert in Ford, Washington at the ole uranium mill. I'm training a new tech how to do radiation surveys, but he is a little slow and just wants to rest all the time. Check out our favorite, Mr. Safety Bear...

----------------

When did anything ever go fast in Ford, Washington?

You realize I'm probably the only one around here who knows where Ford Washington is?

It's possible that Mr.McGoo knows where Ford is, I recall him saying he lived in 9 Mile Falls or Suncrest.

Ford Washington. Richard Bade's Trading Post on STR 231.

That's Ford.

Of course it's been there since the late 1800's, when Mary Walker came in and converted all the Indians (Spokane Tribe) into Christians.

The area gives a whole new meaning to abject poverty.

My Girlfiend's Mother lives up there.

Might wanna run the Geiger Counter over the New Tech.