A sad day for me (not very sad - nothing too terrible)..

maxg

After much pressure from SWMBO I had to do it finally.

Last night a guy came round and bought the Heresies.

I am now, for the first time in 4 years, without a single Klipsch speaker in the house.

Sometime over the coming weekend the Rel Strata 3 sub will follow them out of the door.

The Sansui's are next. We just dont have the room any more for all my toys...

On a more positive note I now have some money burning a hole in my wallet. 2 choices (not enough funds fro both right now):

1. Change the amps for something with a bit more juice.

2. Change the TT for something a little less "upgraded beyond all recognition"

Not sure which way to go as yet:

One of these:

PowerHouse.jpg

or one of these:

InterSmall.jpg

Or maybe some other alternative.

maxg,

What were you thinking? You should have called the hotline! Did I miss your cries for help? What is that long acronym? something to do with your wife? After this forum got Mrs. Dean lined out, I realized there is never a situation beyond hope.

To save space are you going to headphones or what?

8.gif8.gif8.gif

----------------

On 9/19/2003 9:27:37 AM Maron Horonzak wrote:

I would have gotten rid of all the wifes stuff first.

----------------

You know that is such an excellent point! If you have to get rid of your stuff, make it just as if not more painfull for them. 11.gif

Not only do i not have corners in the living room - there are hardly any in the whole house - and certainly non suitable for a Khorn or 2 so that dream will have to wait till we move.

In the meantime I packed up my speakers (the ones I built) and my amps, and my old preamp and a batch of tubes and headed over to Tsakiridis (the manufacturer of the amp pictured above).

To cut a long story short I now own the above amp. He gave me full retail on the trade in of the old amps and the old pre and I just paid the difference.

And what a difference there is - OMG - now I know why people like big power supplies!!!

The amplifier power is up only relatively slightly at 70 watts from around 50, but the transformer is huge.

I have only had a very brief listen (and compare to the old amps) and these just took hold of my speakers like a sargeant major drilling his troops - total control....

Awesome really - expected a difference, but not that much - my god.

Also tried out his 300B Set amp - sadly not with my speaks - could barely move the woofer let alone control it.

Still Klipschless though...probably be banned from here soon...

Forgot - SWMBO = She Who Must be Obeyed.

And she has already dumped a metric ton of shoes - kinda caught me but the short and curlies on that one.

The real problem is the baby!! She eats space. All toys and clothes - everywhere - its hopeless really - we need to get control somehow.

Max

In all reality i should do the same thing, keep 1 set, and sell the rest, the one kid takes room, we have 3!

The heresys are small, you must really have no room there!

I fully understand, im ganna try to move to a bigger place first, if we caint then i might have to make the choice myself, i have 2 systems, and 3 sets of heritage, in a 2 bedroom modular!

Yea i thought the same thing, kids first, i should follow thru on it!

But ive owned so much, if i sell anything, i know i will buy it again, so in the long run im saving money!

We havent gotten to the room issue, our counsler so far feels we have the room!

Regards Jim

9.gif9.gif

Managed to tuck the new "cabinet warmers" out of site behind the box on which the TV sits. The power supply is visible, but rather fetching so that is not a problem.

I hadnt realised quite how big this amp is - it didnt look it in the shop - mainly because he has even bigger and more ludicrous amps surrounding it.

Only when I got it home and lugged it out of the car I thought - uh oh - this is a beast.

Anyway so far, so good - and it plays like the devil...

It's sad how we've had to sell some of our beloved components for whatever reasons we may have (unfortunantly, mine was financial; being laid off was the clincher). From a Nakamichi DRAGON to a Sony DAT recorder to a McIntosh MC7200 (and practically everything in between)...some of it is irreplacable. Some of it took what nearly felt like a lifetime just to aquire; now it's gone. My Denon turntable and JBL monitors were the last to go, but all at least went to good homes.

But my Cornwalls aren't going anywhere! Without Klipsch, what's the point in living?8.gif