What do you call a set of Klipschorns not set up in corners?

Jim Cornell

Prod... I think you missed the point.. The Klipschorn HAS to be in a corner.... Or at a minimum, a false one constructed in order to work right.

How many times have we read or heard from a fellow BB member, or a story from someone who does not adhere to this rule, only to find out he sold em to someone who knew better and in a tight corner? The one in the know finally got it right and heard what Paul Wilbur Klipsch designed them for.

All speakers have an ideal placement...some far back, some not so far some in the corner some not..

But 100% of the time, a Klipshorn MUST have some type of corner in order to perform.

I heard that Paul Klipsch personal khorns were not in corners

but had false walls built for them.

I also read somwere on this forum that klipsch reason for using the walls for the final horn flare instead of bult in "corners". was to get them to patend. With using the corner they were a new design.

Klipsch also made a pro khorn with built in corners or final horn flares

What do you call a Klipschorn NOT in a corner?

A standard-model Klipschorn NOT set-up TIGHTLY into some kind of proper STRUCTURALLY-SOLID 90-degree corner has an INCOMPLETE Bass Horn Lens....in addition, what little the bass horn does produce without a corner will not project FORWARD, but only out to the rear/sides...this SEVERELY diminishes its performance.

Simple answer: An operator headspace error.9.gif