Chicago Cubs

Huhuru

Hello:

As someone in New York State, I wanted to see the Cubs win.

I remember when the Marlins won before and the owner cut bait.

I also have a Brother-inLaw in Schaumberg. Did not talk to him, but knew he was pulling for Cubs. Sympathies to Cubs fans.

Filing legal papers, long due, the Clerk is from Boston, hoping for a victory for Boston tonight. Go Bosox!!

Win dodger

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"the Marlins were a bought team...the Cubs made it through sheer sweat"

OK the 1997 World Champion Marlins fit your description.....BUT

This year's team probably has the smallest pay-roll of ANY of the teams that made the play-offs. I bet Sosa, Woods, and Prior's salaries add up to more than the Marlins starting line-up.

Maybe only one Marlins player ("Pudge" Rodriguez) is a household name. And there's not a single corked bat in the dugout11.gif

Dave

GO FISH!

Malcolm,

"Heavy weight boxing hasn't been a sport for 30 years."

Nothing is like it used to be,I agree today heavyweight fights are often circus affairs where fighters find excuses for poor showings and where some judges should be banned.These judges should score ice figure skating.

You still have great fighters today,only some top fighters fight made to order tomato cans and this sinks the whole show.

One of the best shows in years was the Princess Ham Head whipping by Barrera,I was enjoying the lesson so much I was LOL and rolling on the floor.Also the most boring boxer in years is Chris "Byrdie" Bird.Some quality display of boxing abilities but ZERO punching power,will never sell tickers like a pure power puncher(a la Tyson or Tua).

Among the most vicious fights are the Gatti VS Ward fights,all classics.Anybody who found these boring has no business talking boxing.

....so hitting a tiny white ball and walking to the next hole with a club is a sport! WOW Golf has to be THE most boring sport ever.