Chicago Cubs

Huhuru

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope the Cubs beat the Braves! Too bad they'll have to endure that assinine "Tommahawk Chop." Whomp 'em!! (My Giants would MUCH rather play Dusty and his crew). I am looking forward to a great post season. I was at Pac Bell Park Saturday night. I'm ready...

fini

Hello... My name is Roger...and I am a CUBS fan!!

(I have been since a kid...good or bad, not a newcommer jumping on the bandwagon too.)

LOL This is heaven. Not knowing what will happen, we have to love each day like it is the last.

Rather than blast us for being fans of a team not known for much success since what, 1908...?

It is October and the CUBS are in the post season... After a very difficult year, this to me, is a miracle of happiness few could even appreciate!!

I don't know if this should be posted here, or in the "Best Wife In The World" thread, but my darling surprised me tonight with an early (Oct. 8) birthday present: 2 tickets to tomorrow's Giants/Marlins game. Awesome!! Look for me down the right field line, up in the nosebleed section (great views of Bonds' Splash Hits!).

fini

Woods was a treat to watch. His wife is not too shabby, either (love those crowd shots)2.gif . With Schmidt's stellar performance in SF, that Cubs/Giants NLCS is looking more possible. Almost time for we fans to start placing friendly "wagers" amongst ourselves (like the mayors do!).

Here are a couple of shots I took yesterday at the Giants/Marlins game. The first one shows the view from my seat of the wall over which Bonds launches those "Splash Hits." If our seats were any farther out in right, We'd be in McCovey Cove!

view.jpg

We took the ferry over from Marin (you can see it docked in the first photo). On the way home, these two windsurfers followed us for miles.

winds.jpg

Man, We had a good time. Hope you enjoy the pix.

fini

fini - any rows behind your seat? - If not, I have watched my one Giants home game that wasn't played at Candlestick in nearly the same spot...

It is so hard to talk post season baseball and not be able to brag about the Cards... Oh well, maybe next year (he says again).