Another site with lots of tube guys

m00n

Thanks Moon for the info about AK.I too, recently joined.

There are a diverse group of posters over there with everything from vintage 70s SS to Sansui to Mcintosh to Tubes.

Which brings me to my point-

From the very limited reading I've been doing over there they seemed to get along much better as a group than most over here.They seem to judge less and cast their opinion far less than our Forum.Now, it may be because most here are more knowlegable and been around more audio and know best what it take to get Klipsch to really sing.Maybe,or it could be that if someone doesn't like another opinion so they dispute everthing about it.

If someone on this Forum were to post a proud pic of their newly aquired 70s Sansui recently picked up for a song at a fleamarket I bet few would reply and if so there would be a few wise-*** comments.Now, this might be someones dream Receiver from their youth,something they always wanted to have but that would have no bearing on most replies.

It just seems like if you don't own tubes (most recently SET) you get limited respect from most over here,especially in 2 channel.

I think that people like Kelly (Mobile Homeless) and mdeneen along with several others in past years have just got "burned out" with this Forum and it's too bad as I respect them both.

Don't get me wrong -I've been here every day for the last 3 years and love this place.I've learned a lot from you guys over the years. If you would have told me back in 2000 that I'd have a 1959 piece of tube audio in my collection I'd tell you-you were nuts, but this is just the case.

This is a hobby after all and we are all entitled to pick and choose whatever we like,some have different ideas of their "dream" system and for that they should not be faulted.

This Forum can be a lot better if we just respected each other more.

Stepping off the soapbox,

Jeff

Heck, for 25 bucks in the original carton, packing, owners and service manual with schematics, why not?

I'm going try it out Tomorrow before I buy it, If I can. I'm pretty certain.

It's always nice to have a squalid state around, run the Sansui on the Corns, Bridged NAD on the subs, piss the neighbors off.....

How we treat each other is a simple matter of choice. It's nice over there, but don't kid yourselves. I think the main difference is that I sense things are heavily moderated over there. Things stay polite because if they don't -- you get the boot.

I AM burned out. So going over there was like fresh air, but then who shows up? It was like having your relatives crash in on your nice peaceful weekend. Face it -- we be stuck with each other.9.gif

Hey mOOn...thanks for the plug :)

Hi guys. I've lurked here for a while but have never registered or posted. I don't own any Klipsch speakers...but I do like'em! Maybe because I don't own any Klipsch speakers is why I never registered...dun't know. But the times I've visited (or lurked) here...I always got the feeling you were a close knit bunch of guys. Sure, you may have some disagreements (which makes for some great audio discussion)...but your forum seems to be one of the more civil audio places on the web. You can disagree but you keep the discussion moving forward. Grant it...this is from an "outsiders" point of view...but I just always kind liked lurking here.

Anyways...this is my first post here...and just wanted to say thanks to mOOn and hello to the rest of the guys here.

Oh...and thanks for the participation over at AK...I hope you guys decide to stay there...it'll be nice to get some new opinions/comments on stuff.

see ya>>>>>>>

Welcome gonefishin. Hope to hear more from ya. So we are pretty civil beings here on this forum uh? I guess compared to others you are probably right.

And Dean, your quote: (I AM burned out. So going over there was like fresh air, but then who shows up? It was like having your relatives crash in on your nice peaceful weekend. Face it -- we be stuck with each other.)

That just killed me.9.gif And you are so right. I`m burned out here too but it`s posts like that that keep me comming back over and over again. Another good post.

----------------

On 10/27/2003 9:29:00 AM fini wrote:

I've been registered there for a few months. Even posted, though I think I used my REAL name (Gregg), not fini (as assigned by the witness protection program).

From what I have seen, most of the guys over there are more into big ol' solid state stuff from the 70's than tube gear. Nothing wrong with that, just an observation. There are some very knowlegeable posters there. One guy (Don McR, I think?) who knows tons about JBL (as I recall...where's my coffee???).

fini

----------------

UPDATE: Nope, I'm fini over there, too. I must be thinking about the nail polish forum I belong to.

fini

• 2 weeks later...

That site is kinda boring though ...it lacks the personality that this place does. Whenever I visit audiokarma I notice the same threads on the 1st page after weeks.

It's also very heavily moderated. Notice each forum has it's own moderator? Way to many chiefs! No internet spats whatsoever on that forum or you'll be deletd and then banned. I got in a minor argument (no vulgarities) with one member (MiKe) there about his expensive cables. I got banned! I can view the place by using a different ip address but it's so dead sterile there that I usually do not bother.

JTscat ...the reason it appears that they get along better over there is because any post that even hints at being a "hot topic" is deleted by one of the many moderators. People are people and sometimes they need to argue ...IMO.

ps welcome to page 2 :)

Guest Anonymous

Big Busa,

Thankyou for the info on the site, I checked it out and it looks like there is som good info. I do agree it doesn't look as much fun as Klipsch.6.gif

Smilin