favorite songs on heritage

tgourlie

Just want to see you types of music people like to listen to most on their Heritage monsters!

favorite type:

or

favorite songs:

I'll try not to say "everything" although usually true.

I like songs with a wide dynamic range, "runaway" by Janet Jackson is a good one. Her greatest hits cd sounds great.

I also love punk acoustic songs. I love it becuase the singers usually don't have that great of voices... It actually sounds like a real person singing, and they don't have a huge reverb or "spacious" effect on their mics. Also the guitar usually sounds so real. They still use a lot of power chords even with the acoustic, so their is a lot of sliding and finger action that the heritage line picks up great!

----------------

On 11/11/2003 10:14:02 PM tgourlie wrote:

Just want to see you types of music people like to listen to most on their Heritage monsters!

favorite type:

or

favorite songs:

I'll try not to say "everything" although usually true.

I like songs with a wide dynamic range, "runaway" by Janet Jackson is a good one. Her greatest hits cd sounds great.

I also love punk acoustic songs. I love it becuase the singers usually don't have that great of voices... It actually sounds like a real person singing, and they don't have a huge reverb or "spacious" effect on their mics. Also the guitar usually sounds so real. They still use a lot of power chords even with the acoustic, so their is a lot of sliding and finger action that the heritage line picks up great!

----------------

Check out Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight". You won't be disappointed.

----------------

On 11/12/2003 1:39:14 AM davmar wrote:

The Sounds of Silence I think that would be Garfunkel & Simon IMHO by order of importance!

----------------

davmar,

Maybe you're on to something. The PP vs. SET debate is boring. Speaker wire arguments are so passe. But this Simon vs. Garfunkel (oops, Garfunkel vs. Simon) thing should really wake folks up. I'm gonna start my own "Ann vs. Nancy Wilson" thread.

bbls2.jpg

fini

Single favorite recording to listen to on the Cornwalls? Probably "Angel" by Sarah MacLachlan from the CD "Surfacing"

Runners-up:

"Who Holds Your Hand?" or "Me and That Train" by Patty Larkin (from the solo live acoustic CD "a go go")

Magnificent stuff... D0N, you'd like Patty Larkin, I'll bet, if you like Indigo Girls, Heather Nova, etc.!

Ahhhh....if you love the artistry and expression of 90s Eric Clapton mixed with the ethereal beauty and depth of ENYA combined with the magical vocalizations of The Indigo Girls, then you will fall prey to the sublime nature of one of my favorite tracks for tubes and horns.

The THREE(3) vocal breaks at beginning, middle, and very end are worth their weight in liquid gold. The guitar break after the second chorus exhibits the mastery of restraint and taste.

While I respect the others here, I now feel this incorporates ALL of the above, as well as the general encapsulation of all things in thy 2 Channel forum...

Hear Klipsch Horns Favorite Audition Track, Take 1.MP3

kh

Why do I think I just got taken for a ride? I downloaded Kelly's song and stuck it for about a minute - getting some fairly quizical looks from the others in this office.

Thanks Kelly. Think I will go back to Bach's Tocatta and Fugue (I'm on a real Bach kick these days).

Maybe it does sound good on Horns - but definitely not on the Creative labs speakers connected to this PC.

Actually Tocatta and Fuge comes across nicely on a KHorn. One of the few speakers that gets the size of the organ (shut up Fini!!) across.